Talk

Advanced search

What S&B must haves from NY? Want a bag and many amazing shoes

(6 Posts)
Sootica Sun 26-Jun-16 16:48:27

I'd like to buy a "proper" handbag budget around £500. Can I get a bargain in NY ?
I don't have to worry quite so much about exchange rate as I'm having a significant birthday whilst there with a lot of US family and expect to be gifted $$$ !
Also some lovely knee high boots and sneakers are on my list. What bargains can I get
Make up and skin care would love to fill my (new) boots but what is a great bargain that side of the pond?

Sootica Sun 26-Jun-16 16:49:32

If it wasn't clear I'm looking for a bargain grin #mustreadpostsbacktoself

HermioneWeasley Sun 26-Jun-16 19:33:42

Coach bags are much better value in the states. You can probably get 2 for your budget!

alanthicke Sun 26-Jun-16 19:42:28

You won't see many boots for sale in NY this time of year. People don't wear them in the summer.

In general NYC is not really the land of bargains, but there is a great premium outlet center about 30 minutes north of the city called Woodbury Commons. They have outlets like Coach, Kate Spade, and lots more that I've never heard of bc I can't even afford them at outlet prices. It's worth a trip if shopping is a big part of your agenda.

Sootica Mon 27-Jun-16 00:34:30

Dammit I thought that might be the case with boots but Autumn stuff does tend to come into the shops very early? My aunt mentioned an outlet store in New Jersey
I will have a look at coach bags!

Kummerspeck Mon 27-Jun-16 00:37:36

I bought a Coach Edie last time I was there and it has been my most practical, well-used bag ever. Also got a nice Michael Kors one which was much cheaper than the UK

Have fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now