Talk

Advanced search

Inspiration needed... Nice tops to wear with jeans?

(9 Posts)
KeepOnPlodding Sun 26-Jun-16 11:46:07

Can anyone inspire me with some suggestions of nice casual summer tops to wear with jeans please?

I seem to have a drawer full of very boring plain shapeless t-shirts and long sleeved winter clothes. I need tops for things like going out for a coffee with friends, school end of term events and taking the kids for a pizza - so not too dressy but just a bit more stylish.

I'm a busty, apple shape with a big tummy. I don't particularly like tight fitting tops and don't do pastels. Legs are ok so tend to wear slim fitting jeans with tops that finish at hip-length. All suggestions gratefully received. smile

Thelovecats Sun 26-Jun-16 12:38:58

H&M have got lots of chiffon type sleeveless tops if you search on their site...

thisonethennomore Sun 26-Jun-16 14:44:18

I've got quite a few Boden Ravello tops, they fit the bill 'not too try hard but made a bit of effort'.

Oblomov16 Sun 26-Jun-16 15:41:41

Watching with interest. Im looking for sparkly glittery tops for going out.

N0tfinished Sun 26-Jun-16 19:03:11

I'm similarly shaped & im very partial to the Seasalt Stonechat tops They're boxy so very forgiving over the tummy . They don't cling to backfat either. I've gotten one a year, often on sale or on eBay.

I've got one on now with jeans & a blazer over it for a semi-formal event. I generally wear them with skinny jeans, but it often with shorts or a mini skirt.

Shirts are a staple too. GAP always have good ones, and generally on sale. My current fav though is this one from M&S. It's got hidden buttons so it doesn't gape at the bust.

Laquila Sun 26-Jun-16 19:15:11

Boden Ravello tops were what I thought when I read your OP.

Also:

Next blouse

Next pleat neck top - loads of colours

JamieVardysParty Sun 26-Jun-16 19:16:56

I really like those Bardot style off the shoulder tops which are absolutely everywhere at the moment.

KeepOnPlodding Mon 27-Jun-16 22:50:03

Thank you for the suggestions, I am checking them out!

lapinthe Tue 28-Jun-16 08:54:58

I live in the Bideford popover by FatFace. It's basically a casual yet smart white cheesecloth shirt thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now