Talk

Advanced search

Holiday packing advice

(9 Posts)
QueenPolka Sat 25-Jun-16 16:28:52

I'm just starting to think about packing for a holiday to Florida with my DH and 3 children. It's our first holiday abroad for about 12 years and I've no idea what to pack, or how much to take.

Can anyone offer any advice?

NicknameUsed Sat 25-Jun-16 16:39:48

We are going as well. I am just packing shorts, loose tops, a skirt and a couple of dresses, plus some really comfy footwear and swimwear.

I am packing for heat and humidity. No-one looks smart in Florida.

trumpton Sat 25-Jun-16 16:44:53

DD said best bit of packing advice was to put tshirt/shorts/socks/pants in a zip sandwich bag for each child for each day.
Give child/DH a bag and instant clothes kit !

TSSDNCOP Sat 25-Jun-16 16:48:49

First, put all those nice dresses you wear in the evening in Cyprus etc back in the wardrobe.

Double the number of shorts, t shirts you thought you'd take.

Swimsuits.

Pop in a sweater for evening things like the Disney parade.

Comfy shoes, but you don't need the fugly shite usually recommended. I had Havianas and they were fine. I never understood these people that said they walked miles and miles, the parks weren't that big and if you had a route planned it was more a case of standing up a long time.

QueenPolka Sat 25-Jun-16 16:56:30

Thanks everyone, I better get buying more shorts.

Would you pack enough t-shirts for maybe 2 per day for each child? There is washing facilities there but not sure how likely we are to do that.

QueenPolka Sat 25-Jun-16 16:57:17

...there are* washing facilities grin

TSSDNCOP Sat 25-Jun-16 21:09:54

TBH most days we didn't get changed at all in the evening, unless we were wet from swimming or sweaty from the heat. So maybe just a few spare. I found it was such a relaxed place that even going to a restaurant didn't warrant dressing up, which felt very odd. We tended to make more effort at the beach and the keys, but not whilst at the parks.

WindTheFrog Sat 25-Jun-16 22:04:43

I wouldn't take more than one top per day. If needs be when the kids are in bed send one adult down to the laundry to wash or do it on a pool day. Shorts you should get 2 days out of unless kids are really messy. I take a cardi for evenings/air conditioned restaurants and if you are eating out maybe one sun dress but Florida is not a dressy place. I'd also take 2 pairs of comfy shoes coz if you are wearing trainers and they get soaked in a down pour you can let them dry out the next day. Oh and pick up the cheap ponchos from the likes of £land. It'll save you paying silly money if you get caught in the rain.

QueenPolka Sun 26-Jun-16 01:03:16

Great, thanks...just need to get packing now then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now