Where are all the 'nice tops'?

(11 Posts)
KittyB52 Sat 25-Jun-16 16:27:43

I am looking for a top that I can wear with jeans - scoop or V neck, and not strappy as I have bazooms. grin No polyester (obvs) and ideally not black or white. I am not at all on board with those 'cold shoulder' tops.

I spent a few hours going round the Trafford centre yesterday and came back with...a new blusher. grin

Where online does nice tops now, please and thank you?

elliefredericksen Sat 25-Jun-16 18:32:44

You need to be more specific, your vision of a "nice" top is not necessarily someone else's. E.g is this a top for everyday casual wear, going out, work? Other than "not polyester" do you want cotton jersey, cotton, silk, linen? Pattern or plain? Any colours you love or hate? Long length or waist length, to tuck in wear loose?

As a starting point, Gap have a huge selection on sale, their linen v-neck t shirts are good quality and come in lots of colours. They also have cotton broderie anglaise tops, smock tops, blouses, shirts in chambray and linen....

If by "nice" you mean more ££, I'd look at The Outnet or Matches sale, Brands like APC, MAx Mara, DVF. OR, more high street, Jaegar, Jigsaw, French Connection...

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 25-Jun-16 18:45:51

Anthropologie do great tops .they're ££ for some but I've got a couple and they wash and wear well.

Liiinoo Sat 25-Jun-16 19:06:02

As people say it is hard to say what is a 'nice' top without knowing your taste and body shape.
I am 5' 1", busty (32G) and a size 14. I have put on weight over the last two years and had very little left to wear but I have recently bought a lot of coloured knitted/linen tops to wear over skinnies and jeggings I bought the first ones in a local boutique but have found I can get them cheaper on Amazon. I will try and add links to my two favourites. search Lagenlook and there are loads of designs.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ULR2UG4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't wear the scarves because I am not 102 years old.
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00XJVG2FY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

KittyB52 Sat 25-Jun-16 19:44:49

Sorry, I thought there might be some general brands that aren't peddling the polyester strappy/cold shoulder/shapeless tops that seem to be everywhere. mething to go with jeans for a barbecue after work.

I prefer shortish sleeves, but will wear sleeveless or 3/4 too. I'm short and pear shaped but don't need to stick to petite ranges (just as well).

Not too fussed on fabric, don't mind patterns as long as they're not too big/bold (or described as 'ditsy) and like blue, green, grey, purple, red and pink.

I don't tuck tops and would prefer something with a bit of shape rather than shapeless. I've seen some nice things in Fat Face before now, but they're a little too casual for what I want.

Will have a look at Gap and Anthropologie first - thanks.

IDoAllMyOwnStunts Sat 25-Jun-16 19:49:06

I had a look at an online shop called Apricot last night that had lots of nice tops like you describe. Worth a look? Reasonable prices too.

KittyB52 Sat 25-Jun-16 20:05:31

Also looking at Apricot - thank you!

itstheyearzero Sat 25-Jun-16 20:43:23

Mint Velvet are a bit Marmite on here, but I do love the tops

www.mintvelvet.co.uk/tops/dept/fcp-category/list?source=homepagetopnav

SonicSpotlight Sat 25-Jun-16 20:55:45

Cos? There's a concession in Selfridges in Manchester.

KittyB52 Sat 25-Jun-16 21:02:48

Some nice styles on the Mint Velvet page but they do NOT like their colours, do they? grin

I've looked at Cos before, it all seemed a bit shapless and likely to swamp me. Will have another look though.

Thanks.

FashionLover1 Mon 27-Jun-16 10:39:08

Try Coast, you can find some discounts here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now