Talk

Advanced search

Are sketchers any good for plantar fasciitis ?

(8 Posts)
JapanNextYear Sat 25-Jun-16 08:34:41

Spending the summer tramping round European cities and need some supportive footwear. Any tips?

hugoagogo Sat 25-Jun-16 08:52:27

Have you got orthotics? I have found skechers to be pretty good, but they vary a lot from style to style.

Best for me for lots of walking are nike trainers like this Not very fashionable, but comfy and supportive.

FreeFromHarm Sat 25-Jun-16 09:04:28

Hi Op, they are excellent, just a tip, try and stick to the same shoes ok, do not be tempted to wear slouchy boots ( naming no names) and do your exercises . Orthotic insoles help to, some excellent ones online xx

ditavonteesed Sat 25-Jun-16 09:06:49

sketchers fixed my planter fascitis completly.

Reapwhatyousow Sat 25-Jun-16 09:15:31

As a former fellow suffer I couldn't leave this unanswered. What worked for me is buying several pairs of othotic insoles to support your arches. They also my experience promoted the healing. I bought a pair from a chemist and others from Amazon specifically for Plantar Fascitis, which I have suffered from twice, each episode 10 years apart. However when I went to see the GP as it was so agonising the second time around he told me that it was instead Tendonopathy I was given specific exercises which I did religiously and felt an improvement within a few weeks Now I am totally pain free but will continue to treat my feet with the utmost care. I change my footwear regularly, often but not always with the insoles for example they don't work with sandals. I'm also careful not to choose styles with pointed toes as I have a small bunion forming and I once aggravated it. Soo painful. So more preventative footcare again, I wear a gel toe spacer with a bunion protector that realigns the big toe at night. I've also invested in Yoga Toes which you wear for a few minutes and they separate all your toes. The idea is that it strengthens all the ligaments in the foot. To answer your question about the shoes! I couldn't say as it's such an individual thing but any foot wear should be supporting the arches. I also massage the soles of my feet after a shower as I'm using body lotion reflexology style if I have time. Sorry, I have rambled on but I remember how awful it is to have foot pain and I'm determined never again. So good luck with your choices and I hope your foot recovers soon and remains well.

JapanNextYear Sat 25-Jun-16 09:32:06

Thank you so much for the advice. It's really helpful. I've got orthotics in my hiking shoes and they are brilliant so will look at getting some more for lighter shoes.

Sandals seem more difficult. I was wondering about some merrels ...

Reapwhatyousow Sat 25-Jun-16 11:59:13

I've bought a pair of orthotic flip flops, grey soles, black uppers from Amazon and they are great, the arch is perfect for my feet. I've been wearing fitflops for ten years but these are better for me. Happy walking on happy feet!

bushtailadventures Sat 25-Jun-16 12:03:13

Sketchers Go Walk did wonders for mine, although I do wear supports in them too, just to be sure. I wear them to work every day, and have gone from barely being able to hobble home to walking properly in a couple of months.

Enjoy your holiday smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now