Talk

Advanced search

Jeans/trousers/shorts for flabby tummy

(4 Posts)
twoaremine2 Fri 24-Jun-16 23:25:33

Hi everyone,
As in the title of this post, would anyone be kind enough to point me in the direction of any jeans/trousers/shorts which look acceptable for ladies with a squidgey tum please?
After two children and too much chocolate my size 14 tum is causing clothing issues as it resembles a half deflated beach ball from my belly button down, complete with a 'mother's apron' ledge for full effect.
So far I have tried all high waisted styles in newlook and a couple in next and marks and spencer with absolutely no success whatsoever. Most of them seem too stretchy (wanting to ping into my tum, rather than the waistband sitting flat vertically to make a smooth shape), and just cut in at the waist giving me very high up muffin top (even when I size up so they're too big everywhere else including at the back of the waist band?!) or don't have enough strength to hold in 'the apron' and I have a bulge where the zip is, which looks like someone's planted a rolled up tea towel down there... It's the same story with any bottoms really, but I haven't any tunics etc so can't switch to leggings without great expense otherwise I probably would!
I'm going on holiday in a couple of weeks and currently live everyday wearing either one pair of jeans which are falling apart, or a pair of jogging bottoms (my Nanna's!) when the jeans are in the wash. I think I might melt if I don't have some more summery attire soon, and I don't know how long my current jeans are going to last so any replies would be grateful appreciated! Thanks!

Thecatgotmytongue Sat 25-Jun-16 03:36:01

I have a pair of jeggings from Sainsburys, they are quite high waisted. I.have the same flabby problem and they stay up ok.

I also have a pair of linen trousers from Peacocks that are great, but not sure if they're still in.

I don't wear shorts, preferring thin linen skirts, knee length, with elasticated waist.

CurlsLDN Sat 25-Jun-16 08:00:32

Hello op, I have the same problem. I like jeans from river island as they seem to have the right amount of stretch to hold things in and still be comfortable, particularly their 'reform' jeans, though they are all good. (And I'm a very curvy size 18)

I also find that layering a long vest top (h&m) that covers my zip makes a world of difference to the overall look

Thecatgotmytongue Sat 25-Jun-16 08:11:26

Yes to the long vest tops .. I buy them from Dunnes online and wear them under a long cardi in winter or shirt in summer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now