Talk

Advanced search

How much space should toes have in converse?

(24 Posts)
IHaveHadHOWManyUsernames Fri 24-Jun-16 09:02:52

I bought a pair of converse all stars in the sale yesterday. I am usually a size 5.5 which converse do not do so tried on the 5 and 6 in the shop. I felt the 5 looked slightly better however they were quite tight around the sides. The size 6 was instantly more comfortable however there was quite a lot of space at the front. The shoes don't slip off my heel or anything when I walked, but the front felt quite roomy. Anyway I opted for the size 6.

I've tried them on at home and just can't work out if they are too big. They are comfy but can't see if they look too big i.e. silly, clown feet etc. I would say there is about an inch of space from the end of my big toe and the front of the shoe.

I had a pair of converse years ago and I remember they used to rip my feet to shreds. I used to wear size 5 shoes until I finally accepted that 5's are usually too small for me so generally wear 5.5 or 6's.

How much toe space is normal of converse?

FarelyKnuts Fri 24-Jun-16 09:06:03

Get some chuck Taylor inserts
www.tailoredfortaylor.com/mobile.html
Instant comfort and the extra bit of size won't matter

Hopefully Fri 24-Jun-16 20:38:34

An inch is a crapload of space in any shoe, but if they look fine and feel comfy then why not? It's not like you have size nines and need to minimise your feet.

Those inserts look really good knuts - have you tried them?

whirlygirly Fri 24-Jun-16 20:42:08

I'm right between sizes in converse so I size down and they're usually fine. I know that clown feet feeling - and mine really are grin

frikadela01 Fri 24-Jun-16 20:45:31

Agree with hopefully. If the size 6s feel OK then stick with them.

I've admitted defeat with converse after many years of them killing my feet. They are just a tad too narrow for me sad

bigbuttons Fri 24-Jun-16 20:47:16

Mine Re roomy in the tow. I am a size 6 and I buy a 6, but I loathe my toes feeling squished. Get inserts and see if the feels better.

bigbuttons Fri 24-Jun-16 20:48:17

Bloody auto correct - roomy in the toe not tow!

Uptownfuckuup Sat 25-Jun-16 00:00:07

you can get a 5.5 in converse in office

FarelyKnuts Sat 25-Jun-16 07:52:07

The inserts make such a difference in comfort for the converse. They're really good

BobbinThreadbare123 Sat 25-Jun-16 16:28:32

I'm a 5.5 and I always buy a 6 in Cons. I think I speak with authority since I have almost 30 pairs in all different colours......a bit of toe room is good. No squashing! As long as the heel doesn't slip.

Euphemia Sun 26-Jun-16 08:45:55

I recently bought Dunlops and they're wider than Converse and much, much comfier. Loads of lovely colours and cheap!

Here.

sooperdooper Sun 26-Jun-16 08:49:57

An inch of space is loads but if they're comfy who cares?

I just bought some converse and thought they came up really big! I'm usually a 5 but I ended up with a 4, but they just felt better, the bigger size felt like they were slopping about on my feet

belleandsnowwhite Sun 26-Jun-16 09:34:51

I find I can't get converse to fit at all. (4 pinches my toes and a 5 slips at my heels) have got VANS instead. I would love to have a pair of converse that fit.

whatwasidoingagain Sun 26-Jun-16 09:57:03

Ooh thanks for that link to the Dunlops! Just ordered a pair in grey (having finally admitted defeat and sold all of my converse on eBay because I was fed up of having squished rubbed feet).

Heratnumber7 Sun 26-Jun-16 10:02:29

Sorry.....30 pairs of Converse???

I don't own 30 pairs of shoes. Apart from anything else, Bobbin, where do you keep your shoes? I wouldn't have anywhere to put them even if I could afford them

BobbinThreadbare123 Sun 26-Jun-16 13:53:12

I have collected them over many years. I have a specially built shoe cabinet. I don't know how many pairs of shoes I have overall. Dare not count! Probably close to seventy pairs. Mostly trainers and boots. Don't do heels.

bakeoffcake Sun 26-Jun-16 14:56:51

I'm between sizes as well and couldn't work out wether to have a 4 or a 5. So move got one of each in different colours.

The 4s do feel a bit snug but although not as comfy as the 5s, they don't cause any problem.

Heratnumber7 Sun 26-Jun-16 16:33:52

I would love, love, love my very own shoe cabinet! Well jealenvy

FarelyKnuts Mon 27-Jun-16 20:12:24

I have a shoe cabinet as well. We had a carpenter friend build it for us.
It is jam packed with doc martens and converse 😂

CoolToned Mon 27-Jun-16 20:34:39

I'm probably a 9.5. 9 hurts my feet and 10 is slightly too big. But I opt for 10 rather than 9.

salvage Tue 28-Jun-16 00:22:00

Thank you for making this thread, I'm off to revisit my youth in vans tomorrow, and possibly dunlops. Converse are just too narrow for me, I tried on every pair and had the clown feet feeling too.

CallarMorvern Tue 28-Jun-16 09:52:57

Surprised at the comments about Converse being narrow. I have stupid elephant feet, but live in Converse. I'm a 8.5 and can wear both an 8 or a 9. I don't like Vans styling, Superga are very comfy, but still prefer my Cons.

CoolToned Wed 29-Jun-16 09:45:42

Just bought size 10 heart-print Chucks.

BobbinThreadbare123 Wed 29-Jun-16 10:01:16

m.office.co.uk/view/product/office_catalog/5,21/2452034075

I have just bought these beauties; they're a bit more green than the pics I think. Size 6!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now