Talk

Advanced search

Plus Size Modelling Audition

(7 Posts)
CoolToned Thu 23-Jun-16 14:09:04

What to wear?

I'm a rectangle shape with no boobs, no waist, but have nice long legs and fairly tall.

I'm trying this out in my ripe old age for laughs. YOLO.

notagiraffe Thu 23-Jun-16 14:11:41

Wear something neutral that shows off your assets. Do you look good in jeans? if so, I'd wear some really good jeans and a white shirt and soft suede or leather jacket. Maybe wear a well fitting vest top underneath in case they want to see what shape you are.

good luck.

KP86 Thu 23-Jun-16 14:12:11

Nice (basic) underwear in case you need to strip off

For clothes, something that shows off your legs, maybe a short shift or tunic dress?

CoolToned Thu 23-Jun-16 20:58:22

Thanks girls! Any other suggestions?

I do look good in jeans, but I also do look good in short dresses. My problem is my upper body - big arms, no waist definition...I'm hoping they'd see me and think I'd represent a diff kind of "plus size"!

BigGreenOlives Fri 24-Jun-16 06:50:33

Please don't pay for photos or a fee to go on their books. Remember that an agency needs models to make money & that they should be representing you.

CoolToned Fri 24-Jun-16 09:18:47

Hi BigGreenOlives!

It is just for a plus size fashion show smile They're looking for street models. But I'll keep that in mind in case an ad agency asks me.

BigGreenOlives Fri 24-Jun-16 11:19:18

So pleased - a friend of mine was rather foolish, her daughter was approached by a photographer, the daughter & mother fell for the 'she's so beautiful' line & paid up & while they were there they persuaded the mother that she might make an excellent mature model and she paid for photographs too. Between them I think they spent £6-700 which she can ill afford.
Good luck & enjoy the experience! I hope someone takes some nice pictures of you which you'll enjoy for ever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now