Talk

Advanced search

Fluffy frizzy hair!!

(13 Posts)
Indecisivejo Thu 23-Jun-16 11:35:28

Does anyone know any shampoos and conditioners that help with fluffy hair that doesn't just make hair greasy!! My hair is terrible in this damp humid weather u look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards! But any shampoo n conditioner that is for this hair type makes me hair greasy! Grrrrr

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Thu 23-Jun-16 14:22:23

Try a lightweight oil or serum on the mid lengths and ends when damp before drying to seal the hair shaft.
Having said that, my wavy fluffy hair will not behave at all in this damp humid weather so I've had to go for a slicked back bun today.sad

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 24-Jun-16 22:46:04

I hear you sister!hmm

After weeks of trying every product under the sun I've tried Pantene smooth and sleek conditioner and it's worked a treat!

calzone Fri 24-Jun-16 23:14:40

I've turned into Monica from Friends when she's in Barbados!!!!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 25-Jun-16 07:15:42

Yep,thats exactly how my hair goes too! I bought some salt spray yesterday to see if I could embrace it but dh and ds laughed😂

I've woken up this morning with smooth,frizz free hair even after a restless night so Pantene is the way forward for me!

Indecisivejo Sat 25-Jun-16 08:03:10

Oh ok interesting I used to use Pantene years ago. What about shampoo??

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 25-Jun-16 08:05:13

I didn't get Pantene shampoo but I will when I pop to Tesco later today!

Last night I just used TBS ginger shampoo then the Pantene conditioner.

Kennington Sat 25-Jun-16 08:09:06

Hairspray is great in this weather

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 25-Jun-16 08:10:41

It is but I can't use it as it makes my head itch- hence my Monica hairgrin

Indecisivejo Sat 25-Jun-16 08:18:51

I have TBS Ginger shamp was all I could use for ages for my itchy scalp but it started to make my hair like straw and made scalp worse sad
May try Pantene I'm just worried it will make hair greasy!

BikeRunSki Sat 25-Jun-16 08:22:05

This works brilliantly

user1467975542 Fri 08-Jul-16 16:03:18

Hey I have the same problem in the humid weather - it's just a nightmare for hair!! I love Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo and Conditioner as well as KMS California hair products which seem to be really good at taming my hair and making it less aggravated by the weather! I've actually recently written an article on the best hair products for humid weather features.shopomo.com/health-beauty/hair-care/5-best-hair-products-humid-weather/ Hope you find it useful! smile

Cakescakescakes Fri 08-Jul-16 16:58:36

I use a clarifying shampoo (Redken Cleansing Cream) alternated with a regular one. This keeps on top of product build up. Then a few drops of o before blow drying and a few drops smoothed through emds after drying. I also run straighteners through it - although this just reduces frizz rather than make it poker straight. To be honest in really wet or humid weather I tie it up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now