Talk

Advanced search

I want "bigger" hair like katie price, kate middleton

(18 Posts)
RosesareSublime Wed 22-Jun-16 23:39:44

we always see Katie P with rollers in! what type, how?

I just want lift of my scalp.

Misssss Thu 23-Jun-16 06:28:29

Get a Babyliss big hair or learn how to blow dry. The ponytail blow dry is excellent. For extra lift pop on massive rollers until the hair is totally cool.

ApostrophesMatter Thu 23-Jun-16 06:50:29

KP's hair is fake - extensions.

megletthesecond Thu 23-Jun-16 06:58:46

I expect they both have extensions or clip ins for bug events.

megletthesecond Thu 23-Jun-16 06:59:21

Big events even.

dudsville Thu 23-Jun-16 07:01:19

It's also about hair type. My hair is long and there's a lot of it but it's thin, this means I can do big hair because it doesn't weigh itself down. Can your hair hold a wave/curl?

Flanderspigeonmurderer Thu 23-Jun-16 07:01:40

Something like batiste extra volume might work. I got it once because they didn't have the normal one and it made my hair feel quite big.

Pisssssedofff Thu 23-Jun-16 07:11:14

I think that look nice s going out now anyway thank god, very hard to maintain

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 23-Jun-16 07:13:10

They've got extensions.

walruswhiskers Thu 23-Jun-16 07:24:18

As pp have said, it's not all their own hair. Someone else grew some of it.

Eastpoint Thu 23-Jun-16 07:27:35

Both of my daughters have super thick long hair like KM's. I think some of it is luck, my DH is in his 50s and has lots of very thick hair. Good diet etc probably helps.

RosesareSublime Thu 23-Jun-16 10:04:18

Mine is thick like K middleton, very similar.

Pony tail blow dry? sounds intriguing and quite easy???

knowler Thu 23-Jun-16 10:08:46

Lots of product and a proper blow dry or Babyliss big hair. Agree, though, you've got to have the right hair type and extensions are definitely going to help.

redhat Thu 23-Jun-16 10:12:24

I have waist length hair and masses of it. Its heavy and so it isn't easy to make it hold the curl but I use:

bendy foam rollers with curl spray left in overnight for loose curls at the ends

velcro rolls for straight but with volume (again with curl spray and left overnight (or all day)

rags left in overnight for masses of ringlets (this is the only method that lasts for any length of time and these curls will last for two days and then need washing out to remove them)

redhat Thu 23-Jun-16 10:13:24

And the babyliss big hair is useless if your hair is thick. It only works properly on thin hair IMO.

MissBattleaxe Thu 23-Jun-16 10:41:10

I definitely recommend spraying the roots with dry shampoo. It always makes me hair look bigger. Batiste is the best one and cheap as chips. My hairdresser won't use anything else now and she's tried loads.

Liiinoo Thu 23-Jun-16 11:33:14

I have shoulder length very thick hair. I find the Babyliss Big Hair invaluable for volume - so much so I have three, a UK one, a European plug one and a US one. With that some volumising mousse and rough drying upside down I can get my hair much more pouffy than my hairdresser does.

I have also had great results using the John Freida Luxurious Volume 7 day leave in shower treatment. I am going to try the rest of the range soon.

Finally as others have said, a spritz of Batiste refreshes if it starts to go flat. As mine is, sitting here in the muggy humidity of the South Coast today.

RosesareSublime Thu 23-Jun-16 13:16:29

WOW some fab tips here thank you so much flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now