Talk

Advanced search

wearing same thing to hen do and wedding - how to get round it?

(20 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Wed 22-Jun-16 12:05:38

I have found an outfit I love, simple and classic, can I get away with accessorising differently for the hen do and wedding and wear the same basic outfit or is that a big no no. I'm struggling to find anything I love and I really like this. I thought I could use one set of accessories/shoes/bag for the meal out on the hen do and another completely different set of accessories/shoes/bag for the wedding to make it look different? Or am I being daft?

twilightcafe Wed 22-Jun-16 12:06:31

In the nicest possible way ...

You're being daft!

MrsJayy Wed 22-Jun-16 12:07:49

I wouldnt where is the hen do unless its right posh id go for a more casual going out out fit for a hen do

SausageDogGeorge Wed 22-Jun-16 12:08:18

Sorry - but at my sisters wedding there was a girl who wore the same dress to the hen do and the wedding and several people commented on how weird it was. It was a lovely dress but you just CANT wear the same to both! blush

keeponkeepinon Wed 22-Jun-16 12:16:09

Gah! You're right!!! You're all so right!! I just love what I've found and I don't know which to wear it for. Smart meal and cocktails for hen. Wedding obviously smart too.

SheHasAWildHeart Wed 22-Jun-16 12:17:27

Save the dress for the wedding as you like it and lots more people will get to see it.

LilacInn Wed 22-Jun-16 12:19:21

I wouldn't think twice about wearing it to both events. Do people truly notice & care about that sort of thing? If you enjoy it, wear it, OP.

keeponkeepinon Wed 22-Jun-16 12:19:54

Not a dress - a skirt which is why I thought i could make it look different. Maybe not.
I just find it hard to find something that makes me feel nice.

MrsJayy Wed 22-Jun-16 12:20:15

You have to show us the outfit now you probably would feel meh wearing it to the wedding if you have worn it before wouldnt feel as nice

SuperFlyHigh Wed 22-Jun-16 12:23:59

I personally wouldn't do it.

There are so many cheaper suitable hen/wedding outfits.

If it is a really different skirt some people may notice or comment.

It's not the end of the world though.

KateLivesInEngland Wed 22-Jun-16 12:24:33

I'd say if it's lovely enough for a wedding it's far too nice for a hen do.
Unless you're doing high tea at claridges!
But the same set of people will be there so I'd always choose a different outfit for two dos with the same folk, each to their own though. But If you like it and feel a million dollars in it - that's half the battle.

keeponkeepinon Wed 22-Jun-16 12:49:00

Nah, I'll wear this to one and get something else for the other. Thanks though - you're all right!

Morporkia Wed 22-Jun-16 12:57:24

i bought a lovely prom style dress for my bf's hen do (a murder mystery weekend in quite a posh hotel)...she loved it so much she insisted i wear it as a matron of honour dress...which i was unhappy with. i felt odd wearing the same dress to 2 big occasions within a couple of weeks of each other. but she was quite the bridezilla about it...i even suggested that i wear a different dress to the hen do, but she insisted that her outfit complimented mine and sulked like a 4 year old until i said ok. quite a few of the other hen's commented on it, one quite snarkily about me saving a few quid, which she was put right about, sharpish! if you feel happy doing it, go for it..i just felt weird and uncomfortable with it..

keeponkeepinon Wed 22-Jun-16 13:04:57

No its right, I will feel weird about it. I think I'll just wear what I've found and worry about the wedding later - I don't know why I am finding it so hard to find things I actually like at the moment. I've got a dress coming in the post which is more casual so if that looks ok I might wear that to the hen do.

MrsJayy Wed 22-Jun-16 13:09:01

Im not very good at clothes shopping last wedding I went to i found something i liked 2 days before the wedding i hate clothes

keeponkeepinon Wed 22-Jun-16 13:39:41

my trouble is I have no confidence in my choices. None. even now I am wavering whether its actually smart enough for the wedding even though I have no idea what I will wear otherwise.

Liiinoo Wed 22-Jun-16 13:48:50

Wear the same thing to both dos and accessorise them differently only if you will be really self conscious repeating the outfit. People will only remember it if A) it looks so stunning it is memorable or B) they are shallow B*****s.

I don't get it with women these days. If something looks nice and fits and makes you feel good, wear it til it falls apart. Don't settle for a second best outfit to fit in with other people's consumerist values.

LOl at the thought of a grown man saying 'Oh, I can't wear this grey suit to the wedding, people have seen it before!'

keeponkeepinon Wed 22-Jun-16 13:54:41

I know! Men have it easy! My DH would just say, if you like it, wear it!

MrsJayy Wed 22-Jun-16 14:10:06

Im the same i dither do i like it do I not hmmI bug myself

Tate15 Wed 22-Jun-16 14:38:02

I wouldn't. Cheaper outfit for hen do. Expensive one for wedding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now