Talk

Advanced search

Henley Regatta, please help!!!

(18 Posts)
ShatterResistant Tue 21-Jun-16 22:17:08

Hi all, I'm going to Henley Regatta in a couple of weeks. I need a dress, or skirt and top that's suitable for daytime and super stylish. The skirt MUST be below the knee. I'm late 30s, medium height and slightly fat of Tummy and upper arms. If I could wear whatever it is with a beautiful cream jacket I've got, so much the better. And if it was versatile enough to wear again for (very smart) work, that would be absolutely perfect. Budget around £250 I suppose, although less is more, obvs!

I'm going with a very fancy crowd, slightly against my will, so I'd REALLY appreciate your help!

AddToBasket Tue 21-Jun-16 22:25:32

This is below the knee here It isn't smart smart but would be lovely with a jacket and is demure.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Tue 21-Jun-16 22:28:48

Make sure it's over the knee, not on the knee. I've been going for years but took a risk last year and was stopped at the entrance. Luckily they let me through but they do turn people away.

annandale Tue 21-Jun-16 22:40:03

reis blue skirt [[https://www.reiss.com/p/pleated-maxi-skirt-womens-rafa-in-grey-blue/?category_id=1127 here] only in a 14

annandale Tue 21-Jun-16 22:42:31

and white top maybe here

though you sound not unlike my shape and i couldn't wear the top

annandale Tue 21-Jun-16 22:46:01

oh i like this white dress but God knows what 'size 3' is

SnowBodyforrrrm Tue 21-Jun-16 22:46:27

gorgeous Ted baker top

With

stunning matching skirt

A bit over budget but as its a two piece it's versatile. I got it for Ascot and wore it with a cream jacket too. I'm tubby of tummy and big of boob and it looked good on. Alternatively just the skirt would be nice with a cream plain silk top.

annandale Tue 21-Jun-16 22:47:51

ooh THIS joseph number

again probably the wrong shape

annandale Tue 21-Jun-16 22:48:40

more fun, less worry about dropping ketchup on this, might also be more forgiving

annandale Tue 21-Jun-16 22:49:30

this sort of hat prob, though i bet you could get a cheaper one at debenhams or some random place online

ShatterResistant Tue 21-Jun-16 22:52:21

Yes, throughthickandthin, I've been many times before, which is how I know I don't really want to go this time!

This is fun! Thanks for recommendations. I'll have a look now.

ShatterResistant Tue 21-Jun-16 22:57:07

I'm going to have to come back to it tomorrow. It's too overwhelming. I'm not good at shopping, so it's really nice to have you who are on side. Thank you so much.

annandale Tue 21-Jun-16 23:00:14

agree, i actually like rowing but henley is arseachingly boring. wearing nice new outfit might help though.

ShatterResistant Tue 21-Jun-16 23:10:29

I actually really like rowing too. It's the braying and posing I can't stand. I'll shut up now! Will get back to it in the morning.

unicornsfartrainbows Tue 21-Jun-16 23:55:12

Factor in footwear especially if it rains the few days before you go. It might be muddy & certain shoes / sandals will be a no no.

Enjoy your day, I'll be slumming it on the tow path wearing something most likely on or just above the knee wink

WhiteHairReally Wed 22-Jun-16 21:51:06

www.bombshellhq.com/

Sale on and hunt in the News section on their website and there's another 20% off token.

Below the knee, shoulders covered 'makes you feel fab' posh frock.

Lucked Wed 22-Jun-16 21:56:19

Something like this?

Lucked Wed 22-Jun-16 22:07:51

very wearable Boden . Or if it is also for work a Winser London dress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now