Talk

Advanced search

30 pounds a month for ( seemingly) unlimited cuts and blow drys?

(17 Posts)
Humphriescushion Tue 21-Jun-16 20:29:11

I am tempted. New hairdressers near me works on this concept. I would love maybe one blow dry a week ( only wash hair every 5/6 days and hate doing it) so would love to go the hairdresser every week for it, and maybe on occasion twice a week. However the offer says it is a cut and blow dry ( said i could just have a tiny bit off the fringe or something - i have to check if they could just leave the cut altogether)
Cant see any other drawbacks?

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Tue 21-Jun-16 20:48:16

That sounds pretty decent assuming that they aren't excluding Fridays and Saturdays.

Ilovetorrentialrain Tue 21-Jun-16 20:54:18

That sounds like astonishingly good value! Almost too good to be true. Is it a subscription - e.g. you have to sign up for a particular length of time?

Humphriescushion Tue 21-Jun-16 20:56:28

Dont think so Troll, open all week and no restrictions on time. Dh suggested it maybe limited appointment or difficult to get one, but I am local and have lots of availability so this should not be an issue. Worried they will insist on cutting it each time though! grin i will make them stop!

Humphriescushion Tue 21-Jun-16 20:58:03

Yes Ilove. Think it is via dd and for at least a year. I assume they are banking on not everyone wanting a cut too often, but surely i can forgo the cut.

junebirthdaygirl Tue 21-Jun-16 20:59:26

I would grab that. Does sound too good to be true but definitely worth investigation. A blow dry every week leading into the weekend is the best thing ever.

Humphriescushion Tue 21-Jun-16 21:23:45

I agree June, blow drys for the weekend and if i go out midweek, fab. Will try to find out the catches.

Pisssssedofff Wed 22-Jun-16 10:03:33

Fantastic value I may steal their idea lol

squoosh Wed 22-Jun-16 10:50:33

I presume they hope out it will work out in a Groupon kind of way. Lots of people will buy the offer but end up using it only once or not at all.

Humphriescushion Wed 22-Jun-16 11:29:14

Yes squoosh, or that few people want their hair cut every week - so i need to clarify if i can just opt out of the actual hair cutting.

Jmangel Wed 22-Jun-16 13:14:50

Wow, where is the salon?

Humphriescushion Wed 22-Jun-16 15:14:19

sorry Jmangel but it is in france. Seems to be a chain or francise though so maybe soon in the uk.

SaltyGoodness Wed 22-Jun-16 16:31:27

Sounds brilliant - but may be too good to be true (ie exclude blowdrys). In France even more than here in the UK there must be tons who would love weekly or even twice weekly (ME! ME!) blowdrys for 30 quid a month - and there's no way they could make that pay as a business. Let us know how you go... a blowdry for less than a tenner is the holy grail!

My weekly blowdry is my one luxury. My local place (naice but not swish London salon) does me 12 for £200 and I am truly addicted. Had to haggle for that and am a v loyal customer.

Humphriescushion Wed 22-Jun-16 17:10:58

I am going for a trial blowdry in two weeks - I am not going to sign up without seeing if I like them. I will to check again how many times I can go and if I can forgo the cut most of the times i.e go once or twice a week with no cut and just have the blow dry. Hopefully this will be the case and I will have swished hair forevermore!

DerelictMyBalls Wed 22-Jun-16 17:15:39

That's only £360 a year. I would easily spend that. If it seems legit, go for it.

Humphriescushion Sat 02-Jul-16 16:23:58

Well I have signed up! Went for a trail blow dry today and she did a good job. checked with the boss if it was ok to come once a week for a blow and not have the cut and he said that was fine. So i can go for a weekly blowdry and have my hair cut whenever i want. Quite a few people in there signing up as well.
Swishy hair here I come.

Jmangel Sat 02-Jul-16 18:22:09

Wow that's amazing value and so convenient. Wish there was a salon near me that offered this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now