Any hairdressers/ barbers around? Please help me sort my ds's wayward hair!

(13 Posts)
Bouncearound Tue 21-Jun-16 15:44:44

Ds is eight and his hair is just totally unruly. It seems to grow up and out and I think he has a double crown. He wets it every morning and it stays down for all of ten minutes...We've been to barbers and hairdressers and it looks ok for about three days then looks like this again! Does anyone have any tips on how we should be cutting it?

littlem133 Tue 21-Jun-16 18:47:16

Maybe shorter back and sides. And train the fringe to go down with a hairdryer each day ?

littlem133 Tue 21-Jun-16 18:47:28

Ps. I'm not a hairdresser!

littlem133 Tue 21-Jun-16 18:48:57

But if you google boys haircuts 2016 a stand up front but is all in

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 21-Jun-16 18:51:18

It looks fine!

MrsSpecter Tue 21-Jun-16 18:51:26

Ooh following as my DS has similar hair. Two cows licks and a double crown grin

ClinkyMonkey Tue 21-Jun-16 19:49:57

I'm not a hairdresser, but my almost 8 year old DS has a double crown and his hair only looks ok when its very short (which doesn't suit him) or a bit on the long side, so that it's quite heavy and floppy. Anything in between and he resembles a spider plant. Not much help, sorry!! Your son's hair is fab by the way. People pay good money to get that look and he has it naturally. I love it.

Bouncearound Tue 21-Jun-16 20:09:18

Thanks all. It is much scruffier than the photos suggest! We've tried really short and really long and it just never sits nicely. I guess in a few years he will care more and want to use gel, straighteners etc so I won't need to think about it grin

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 21-Jun-16 20:37:00

I'm not a hairdresser but perhaps the crown is a bit short so it won't settle? Have you tried a different hairdresser?

QueenofLouisiana Tue 21-Jun-16 20:58:42

We use a Turkish barber for DS who has a triple crown, thick hair and spends 6 hours a week in a swimming pool! Gets it short and styles the longer bit so it can be taned with wax.

look a bloody mess after 4 weeks, no matter what

Molly333 Tue 21-Jun-16 22:58:25

Hairdresser advice - you hv two options either grow the top and crown longer which means wearing a longer style on top which actually looks nice if the sides are cropped . Option two is a shorter style keeping the crown really short probably a nos 4 leading to a bit longer in the top where the front is pushed up , prob product needed . My choice would be option two as I hv a son with hair like this and I do this , importantly it needs product prob gel and cutting 4 weekly x

retainertrainer Wed 22-Jun-16 07:53:41

The Front looks great-he'll be thankful for that cow lick when the teen years hit and they all want their hair spiked up. My Ds has the same problem with his crown-it needs to be left much longer to lie flat.

Bouncearound Wed 22-Jun-16 14:11:34

Thanks all, food for thought. It seems to look scruffier when it's longer and as its really thick it looks like it needs cut long before it actually does. Skinhead?!shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now