Talk

Advanced search

Raincoat help please!

(10 Posts)
BreadSnakeFridayDog Mon 20-Jun-16 14:21:12

You lovely people were all so helpful when sorting out my funeral dress (I went with the black ASOS one with the wide sleeves btw) I'm back for more advice if you wouldn't mind!

This time I need a raincoat. My school run is a 2 mile walk and I can't drive so I need something that will actually keep me dry, and preferably not sticky! I have a light mac thing from Primark that is only good for the very lightest of showers. Borrowed DH's today which is a bit thicker but I was still drenched by the time I got home.

Can anyone make any recommendations please? Thanks 😊

BreadSnakeFridayDog Mon 20-Jun-16 20:19:00

Soggy and hopeful bump!

Toffeelatteplease Mon 20-Jun-16 20:31:57

TressPass do some fantastic performance hooded coats. I have a really smart black insulated (cold heat I think) coat. Anything under the coat stays as dry as a bone.

Waterproofing spray can often work a treat

sulee Mon 20-Jun-16 20:45:50

I can recommend Seasalt raincoats, totally waterproof and worth every penny- their sale has just started too!

Blueberryblueberry Mon 20-Jun-16 20:46:55

I have a joules light rain jacket which is waterproof and quite pretty? It's great for light showers or if I get caught out. Although when it's "properly" raining and I'm doing the nursery run I get out the fairly ugly walking/outdoor jacket (think it's sprayway or something similar). It has a particularly unfashionable hood with a peak but it does keep me as dry as a bone! grin would recommend an outdoor shop if your on with practicality over style!

BreadSnakeFridayDog Mon 20-Jun-16 20:53:26

I've seen a few trespass ones on eBay, I just have no idea what I'm looking for! Some sound good but so did DH's and it was only slightly better than terrible!
And I'm pretty shallow, I want something that looks nice... But ultimately it needs to work!
Will have a look at Joules and Seasalt.

MrsPear Mon 20-Jun-16 20:58:53

Hi I have got a Peter Storm parka in a pac. Water proof but not lined / insulated but for S E London in June that's fine. The zip is double covered which is one area I always found leaks. It also has an internal draw string in the waist so you can pull it in and have a bit shape.
Lots of different patterns - I went for navy with purple / pink flowers - as well as plains. £25

seefeld Mon 20-Jun-16 21:05:56

I've got this one from Rains and it keeps me lovely and dry: m.zalando.co.uk/rains-waterproof-jacket-red-ri021h000-g11.html

Purpleprickles Mon 20-Jun-16 21:31:07

Thanks for this thread, got totally soaked today in my supposedly waterproof coat. I've just ordered a joules one, nearly half price from the John Lewis website.

BreadSnakeFridayDog Mon 20-Jun-16 21:32:44

I now want ALL the Seasalt ones! Good reductions there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now