Talk

Advanced search

Vintage jewellery?

(7 Posts)
Baconsarnie Mon 20-Jun-16 11:03:46

Can anyone recommend places to buy vintage jewellery online? A friend has a significant birthday next month and I want to buy her something special but have no idea where to start. I originally wanted to get a piece of suffragette jewellery, but they seem to be £££. An Edwardian or Art Deco necklace would be lovely, but where to look? Thanks in advance!

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Mon 20-Jun-16 13:16:37

I very rarely buy vintage jewellery online as you can only really get a feel for something when you see it. Unless it's a specific type of item that she collects.

Local independent jewellers with workshops often carry some second hand stock if you ask, even if it's not in the window- Second hand is far cheaper than 'vintage' (but is exactly the same bloody thing!)

PresidentCJCregg Mon 20-Jun-16 13:18:23

I got something lovely to wear on my wedding day from this woman, she was so helpful and has some lovely pieces.

www.walrond.me.uk/index.html

1moreglassplease Mon 20-Jun-16 13:51:01

Try www.antiquejewellerycompany.com but nothing is very cheap!

If you're in or around London it may be worth trying Grays antique market near Bond Street tube. Otherwise, as Baconsarnie said, worth trying local jewellers.

OreosOreosOreos Mon 20-Jun-16 13:54:37

www.rubyandjules.co.uk has some lovely pieces, but the prices vary massively!

cressetmama Mon 20-Jun-16 15:48:47

Susan Caplan?

Baconsarnie Mon 20-Jun-16 21:15:13

Thanks everyone. I think Trolltherespawn is right, I should try local independents. All of those links have some gorgeous pieces, but all a bit out of my budget sadly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now