Talk

Advanced search

Night/wrinkle cream for combination skin

(13 Posts)
WeeM Mon 20-Jun-16 00:01:31

So I'm sure this has been done before but couldn't find anything that recent. I'm late 30's and thinking its time I used a night cream. I have quite oily/spotty skin so don't want to make that worse than it already is.

I'd rather not spend a fortune but have been toying with the idea of getting Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair-not sure I can bring myself to spend the money! Also been reading about Nivea at the other end of the scale...not sure if it'd be too heavy for my oily skin though. But for a quid it could be worth trying!
Thoughts welcome please!

WeeM Mon 20-Jun-16 20:42:44

Bumping as I posted this at midnightsmile

Wellhellothere1 Mon 20-Jun-16 22:11:25

I have oily skin too but I feel a night cream would be too heavy for me so I've never used one and use a simple moisturiser instead (after acid toning and hyaluronic acid serum each night). I use Cerave PM moisturiser which was recommended to me on here as it contains lots of anti ageing actives like hyaluronic acid and niacinamide but is oil free so doesn't cause spots. It's not expensive either. I get mine from Amazon-it's American I think.

www.amazon.co.uk/CeraVe-Facial-Moisturizing-Lotion-PM/dp/B00365DABC/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1466456570&sr=8-2&keywords=cerave+moisturising+cream

WeeM Mon 20-Jun-16 22:21:57

Ooh I've never heard of that, will have to have a look thanks. I use la roche possay during the day as it was recommended for spot prone skin and I have to say I do like really like it but I don't feel like it's one is want to use at night.

Cantwait4summer Mon 20-Jun-16 22:29:50

I too have oily skin ..I've used vitamin E night cream from the body shop for a few yrs now..doesn't make my skin any worse at all just feels very soft in the morning 😊 and hasn't encouraged any spots.

WeeM Tue 21-Jun-16 08:52:33

I actually used the vitamin e day cream for years but had to change when I changed my foundation as it was too rich and make up started sliding off half way through day. I did love it though apart from that so maybe I should give the night one a go. I had thought about trying the body shop oils of life range but it's a bit pricey and excluded from all their offers!

JohnCheese Tue 21-Jun-16 11:19:01

Don't waste your money on a fancy night cream. Cerave as linked by Wellhellothere is good. But do add in maybe a glycolic toner, or some retin A to your night time routine. Far more effective than an overpriced night cream. And more importantly, use a good SPF every single day of the year.

Shop Tue 21-Jun-16 11:21:23

Superdrug naturally radiant night cream is lovely. Inexpensive at about £5 but often on half price or bogof

MrsT2007 Tue 21-Jun-16 13:57:26

Try the superdrug youthfully clear range.
Dead cheap, and seems to be fab for tackling wrinkles and spots.
I'm seriously impressed!!!

SheHasAWildHeart Tue 21-Jun-16 14:00:21

Garnier Miracle Sleeping Cream

WeeM Tue 21-Jun-16 22:36:31

Lots of great suggestions, thanks-def gonna ditch the night repair idea now after seeing these!

Hopefully Wed 22-Jun-16 04:50:35

I find might creams too rich and pore cloggy, even expensive ones. I use a night oil (aurelia one or rosehip oil), just a couple of drops for my whole face or neck.

HollyBollyBooBoo Wed 22-Jun-16 05:16:14

What form does Retin A come in and where do you get it from please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now