Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a dress for a hen party!

(3 Posts)
NamelessEnsign Sun 19-Jun-16 18:42:01

I am going to the hen party of a dear friend in a few weeks' time. The party includes fancy afternoon tea, then free time, then a private room in an Italian restaurant, then going to a nightclub.

I am hopeless with make up and clothes. I can sort out my hair and subtle make up but I am a bit worried I will feel out of place (I have a youngish baby and still have a stone to lose, so nothing fits me and I haven't been out clubbing in over 5 years; I hate it).

I'm coming to the end of maternity leave so don't have masses of £££ to spare, but I need at least one outfit for the day, probably two. Can anyone make any recommendations of an outfit that might cover the day or at least the evening bit?

I'm 5'3 and size 12 but quite broad at the shoulder, ribs, and hips - more athletic than in any way glam. And very uncomfortable with my extra weight, and I can't bear to be constricted by clothes as I have some sensory issues.

Theme is 'sparkles' so bonus points for that. Also bonus points for John Lewis as I have vouchers! Could probably go up to £80ish for a dress as I probably will need shoes too.

The hen and other guests are high glam and usually designer/chic. Mostly also very, very slim. All very lovely but I really don't want to feel like the odd one out.

Please please could S&B point me in the right direction?

mrsclooneytoyou Sun 19-Jun-16 22:38:16

Any of these any good op?

NamelessEnsign Mon 20-Jun-16 06:58:53

Thanks mrsclooney - I like the last two so will look further into those. I'm told the nightclub will be really hot so to dress cool.

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now