Talk

Advanced search

SaltWater sandals

(24 Posts)
Fabellini Fri 17-Jun-16 23:12:23

My sister has bought me a pair of these for my birthday, and they arrived today. I do really like them, but they're not all that comfy. I've heard that they mould to your feet and wondered if anyone else had a pair, and did they get better? We're off to Spain on holiday in a couple of weeks, but I don't want to take them if they're going to give me blisters!

LadyNicholasdeMimsyPorpington Fri 17-Jun-16 23:32:11

Can you wear them in some warm water, or stand in the bath in them? To help them shape to your feet?

Fabellini Fri 17-Jun-16 23:59:22

I could.....I'm not sure if I should though! I don't know if they're that waterproof, or if they might be ruined.

PacificDogwod Sat 18-Jun-16 00:00:46

Are they not for paddling at the beach? In the water? The saltwater?
I thought that was the whole point of them confused

SesameSparkle Sat 18-Jun-16 00:38:21

Yes, these sandals are waterproof. I got mine to fit perfectly by poring water over my feet whilst wearing them.

Fabellini Sat 18-Jun-16 00:47:25

Yes, I think they are PacificDogwood, it's just that they look and feel like normal leather, and I can't quite get my head round the idea that they'll be fine and not ruined if I do that!
So did yours feel better after you did that Sesame?

SesameSparkle Sat 18-Jun-16 00:57:41

Yes much better, I think I did the water thing a couple of times when they were new. I have very wide feet and these are great on me.

Statelychangers Sat 18-Jun-16 08:15:32

They are the only shoes that have never blistered my feet, I know they feel a bit stiff at first but even then I was blister free, as was dd. They are not damaged by water - they will of course get soaking wet if you put them in water but it won't damage them.

missmartha01 Sat 18-Jun-16 08:25:24

I've got a pair and they fit me fine. I wouldn't wear them sight seeing around a city, but for shlepping about on a hot summers day they're great.

I've worn Saltwater for a good few years now and although they can be worn in the sea, and water doesn't harm them, I don't think you actually have to wear them in water when you get them so that they mould to your feet. They do that over a short while anyway.

cantbelieveImquittingcoffee Sat 18-Jun-16 08:50:49

Sorry for he slight hijack but I was wondering about buying a pair for everyday wear this summer and I was wondering how comfortable they are for walking in? (I think stately has answered my question already though!!)
I have a new baby and am spending a lot of time walking with the pram so need something comfortable but not hideous and thought these might fit the bill - what would any experienced wearers think?

greatbigwho Sat 18-Jun-16 08:52:56

I love mine and walk miles in them with no issues at all smile

Statelychangers Sat 18-Jun-16 10:33:14

The sole is not springy and they do not have arch support, if these issues don't affect your feet then you'll love wearing them for miles...as I do.

Mrs9C Sat 18-Jun-16 13:42:06

They are flat but I've walked miles & miles in them with no hassles, no slipping, no blisters, no pain. Wore them for 2 weeks solid abroad last year, having not worn them much before.

missmartha01 Sat 18-Jun-16 14:27:15

They have hard thin soles , there is no arch support. and you can feel ever tiny stone, But, if that doesn't worry you, and it doesn't worry me that much, there great for walking.

They're lightweight, fun, pretty sandals, they won't suit everyone doing a city break in July, but they might be right for you, who knows?

Mynxie Sat 18-Jun-16 18:19:41

I love mine. I wore them for sightseeing around Venice last week and they were so comfy. Once or twice when I got really hot I put my feet (wearing them!) under one of the water fountains and felt completely refreshed - like having new feet! I walked miles and miles with no rubbing or blisters at all, cannot recommend them highly enough. Mine get wet often yet still look like new after two years even though I wear them all the time in the summer.

Mynxie Sat 18-Jun-16 18:22:51

Forgot to mention that Toast have a sale on at the moment and they are down to £41.

Mrsmaudwatts Thu 04-Aug-16 11:53:10

I just got a new pair from Office. Love them, but size up. GLAM25 gets you 25% atm off too.

Euphemia Thu 04-Aug-16 17:33:07

I love mine but they're not good for me for long distances - no arch support and no shock absorption. I ended up with a sore ankle from this last time I wore them! I wear them if I'm not going to be walking for more than half an hour at a time.

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Wed 10-Aug-16 15:48:35

Office have the Classic style reduced to between £22 and £33, code EXTRA gives an extra 25% off - just bought a navy pair for £20.25.

www.office.co.uk/view/search?pageSize=24&search=saltwater&SHOP+BY=hers+sale

goodenoughmum88 Wed 10-Aug-16 16:07:54

I'm confused! Size up or down? Office website says down? Desperate for nice sandals after my fat pregnant feet stretched my lush fly sandals last year!!!

Mrsmaudwatts Wed 10-Aug-16 19:14:09

I bought from Office and sized up. I was getting really confused but that got me the correct size. I'm a 5 and bought a 6. My feet are really wide and the 6 are perfect. Great price at Office right now!

goodenoughmum88 Wed 10-Aug-16 20:36:19

Soooo tempted!

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Wed 10-Aug-16 22:11:48

I already have a pair in the other style in my usual size 6 that fit fine, so ordered size 6 from Office.

MySecondName Wed 10-Aug-16 23:14:58

An office uk 6 will have 7 printed on the bottom. I usually wear size 39 shoes and have to wear an office 5 in saltwater sandals (Which has 6 printed on the sole).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now