Talk

Advanced search

Help me! Nice outfit, size 16 apple

(5 Posts)
KinkyDorito Fri 17-Jun-16 21:24:09

Hi all

I have two events - one a formal do and one a night out in nice bars. I never go out and own nothing in terms of suitable clothes.

I carry weight on my middle, I'm broad shouldered and wide set. I'm 5' 9''. I don't like heels and I have loose skin on my arms, so prefer to cover them. (so sexy grin)

Anyway, I would like to wear a top and trousers, and would possibly need footwear too (low heel or flats). I'm in danger of just looking like I'm going to work if left to my own devices.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received. smile

phoolani Sat 18-Jun-16 00:31:18

If you're going with trousers, you'll need something a bit ooomphy on top - sequins (http://www.boden.co.uk/en-gb/clearance/womens-tops-t-shirts/wa653-nav/womens-navy-black-sequin-statement-sequin-top?cm_mmc=PLA-_-Google-_-Shopping-_-Product&istCompanyId=a40e1fa1-0635-4a1b-8d9a-2caa763eeee2&istItemId=mlwmlmtxi&istBid=xzat&gclid=Cj0KEQjwv467BRCbkMvs5O3kioUBEiQAGDZHL_h2Hfe-Li6DUX5HAazD1OUyhhJgn74eqiuTdGGk_3saAhal8P8HAQ)
Or
Something that shows a bit of cleavage?

Queenbean Sat 18-Jun-16 00:34:42

I would go for:

Black skinnies
Grey snakeskin very pointy flat shoes
Low cut, 3/4 length sleeve top
Long dangly necklace
Sequin blazer
Clutch
Red lipstick
Confidence

You'll be good to go smile

GertyTheGert Sat 18-Jun-16 13:43:28

Agree with Queenbean - go lower neckline not round - sooooo slimming - likewise long dangly necklace. Learnt this via original Trinny n Suzanne tv progs which they called The Rules (ie for apple, chunkier gals). My close pal & I (in the size stakes!) since the T&S progs (bt the books too!) follow the rules and I swear they work! If you can wear dangly earrings too, this is slimming and narrow bracelets not thick ones! Tho I'm porky, folk have commented that at times I look as tho I've lost a bit of weight - errrrrrrrr greedy cow here (choc eclairs!) no I aint, I have just successfully found another "The Rules" outfit!!!!! Speaks to herself - must lose some weight ......

KinkyDorito Sat 18-Jun-16 18:26:26

thanks thanks thanks Lovely ideas smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now