Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

hair colour help

(2 Posts)
popmimiboo Fri 17-Jun-16 17:10:54

I'm half arabic and have almost black, thick wavy hair that I usually straighten but occasionally scrunch. I've never dyed it but now the odd grey (omg, more like bright white) is popping up so I'm planning a trip to the hairdressers for some colour for a change and to update my look.

My complexion is not so dark and I think it'd be nice to go lighter. Maybe more caramel than auburn, but I'm really not sure and not good at explaining myself to the hairdresser! (Living abroad doesn't help and the hairdressers tend to be a bit bossy here and not listen to me unless I have very precise instructions!

Youvegottobekidding Fri 17-Jun-16 20:14:59

I would say your best bet is to find some hairstyle/colour pics (Google or Pinterest) of the sort of colour you have in mind, save the ones you like on your phone & show them to your hairdresser, much easier than trying to explain, at least then they can see exactly what you are wanting to acheive.

If you are wanting to go lighter, they'll have to use bleach & a toner, but seeing as you haven't dyed your hair before, I'm guessing it's in good condition, anyway your hair sounds lovely to begin with, dark & thick, lucky you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now