Help me choose a haircut! (pic included)

(13 Posts)
StillMedusa Fri 17-Jun-16 16:04:48

Last summer I had my hair cut really short..but the hairdresser got it wrong and I did not like it. Now, nearly 10 months later and a couple of trims I need a style. I decided to let it go grey/natural while I was at it..so have about 5 inches of own colour and some brassy faded-to-yellowish old hair. I have a cut booked for next weekend now I have found a nice chap who hasn't done anything dreadful so far.

I can't decide.. trim and let it grow, or have it shorter (it's usually tucked behind my ears) and get rid of the colour faster. I'm not ruling out some highlights eventually as I have a white parting but mostly scattered grey. I miss long hair but suspect it suits me better shorter..and not sure long and grey is a great combo! Any ideas..pics.. suggestions please?! (I'm 48 and off to my first school reunion the day of haircut so want to look human :D )

MadSprocker Fri 17-Jun-16 16:07:41

How about a graduated bob? I think it would really suit you.

slinkysaluki Fri 17-Jun-16 16:12:39

I remember your other thread when you had a longish Bob and had it cut short and it looked really nice, u had sunglasses on your head in the photo I think. You have nice cheekbones it would look nice shorter. It would get rid of the old colour as well.

NoMilkNoSugar Fri 17-Jun-16 16:15:52

Like mad said a graduated Bob. Similar length at the front but cut the back.

DameXanaduBramble Fri 17-Jun-16 16:19:29

A short short bob would really suit you. I don't mean a tweedy Bob, I mean one you tuck behind your ears, longer on top, very short at the back, must must must be graduated. No wedgies. No straight lines at the back either, lovely soft lines, you look like you have hair that blow dries well. Similar to mine, slight wave.

DameXanaduBramble Fri 17-Jun-16 16:20:28

I don't mean a graduated Bob, just to be clear, I'm sorry but I can't stand them. (Grovelling sorries...!)

knittedslippersx2 Fri 17-Jun-16 16:21:35

I actually like it as it is. I would just trim and tidy up if it was me.

StillMedusa Fri 17-Jun-16 16:34:35

Thanks..and any pics? I am hopeless..I look online and can't find anything that isn't on someone stunning and about 20...

Ilovewillow Fri 17-Jun-16 16:42:54

I would have a textured Bob around ear length - you have fab cheekbones!

prettywhiteguitar Fri 17-Jun-16 16:46:47

I also really like it as it is cut wise, I think it's just growing out the dye that's making it feel like you should 'do something' !

If you get a bob that's a very smart hair cut, do you wear mostly casual clothes or smart ? I think if you are mostly casual stick with what you have and get a toner or semi dye on your ends to stop the brassiness. If you are smart normally I would get a severe gray Bob and some killer red lipstick !

prettywhiteguitar Fri 17-Jun-16 16:50:25

These are nice

ChishandFips33 Fri 17-Jun-16 17:02:45

I'm seeing a Jamie Lee Curtis vibe around you

You look like you have a glow/inner confidence that would pull it off

You've also got great eyes and cheek bones - they need showing off!

StillMedusa Fri 17-Jun-16 20:49:09

I'm pretty casual.. (work as a special school TA... jeans and need to be able to run fast !) and don't own a lipstick or any makeup other than a mascara which is probably dried up! I tend towards the skinny-er and haggard and suspect longer hair isn't kind..ends up being tied up all the time for safety at work!
I kind of fancy something shortish and choppy-ish but my hair is thick and wavy and has to be straightened or I look like a mushroom!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now