smart casual work clothes for hot weather

(8 Posts)
keepmoving Fri 17-Jun-16 11:19:42

I'm off to Arizona in 4 weeks for work. What do I pack??? I'm 5' 10" and need to wear smart casual. All my usual work stuff includes formal suits... I need help please.

RiverTam Fri 17-Jun-16 11:22:36

Dresses? And smart sandals?

WankersHacksandThieves Fri 17-Jun-16 11:26:43

I'd go for nice cotton dresses and sandals or crisp cotton shirts/blouses (short sleeved) with A line skirts in light colours.

If you don't want to buy anything, you may get away with your existing suit trousers/skirts teamed with shirts/blouses as above or nice plain fitted t-shirts with a cardi instead of a jacket.

The offices themselves will be air conditioned so it might be quite cool.

keepmoving Fri 17-Jun-16 11:38:31

Thanks. Should have also said I have size 10 feet. My shoes are mainly smart flat shoes. I have looked for sandals. I think I might have to wait for the sale...

keepmoving Fri 17-Jun-16 11:40:09

I hate shopping. Nothing fits - I have quite a long body and am struggling to find cotton dresses (begone viscose!) that fit. I want something to cover my saggy knees.

WankersHacksandThieves Fri 17-Jun-16 12:18:37

I'm 5'10 as well smile only diddy size 6 feet though.

Would your current shoes be fine with trousers? How about loose linen type trousers - I have some from Next and sainsbos, so not expensive, the long length is perfect for me. Those with t'shirts/shirt/cardi would be fine for smart casual.

This type of thing: www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_057010655243_-1

but you could go for grey/beige or even white, team with light coloured, bright or pastels depending on your colouring.

Separates are maybe better for you, but if you are looking for dresses, Next do them in different proportions and wrap dresses can be more forgiving in terms of shape.

amarmai Fri 17-Jun-16 20:45:56

J.Crew will get you a great American look.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Fri 17-Jun-16 20:49:06

I wouldn't bank on your offices being too warm!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now