Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help me find some good quality plain tshirts please

(17 Posts)
johendy Fri 17-Jun-16 10:39:27

I need to find a couple of plain tshirts and I'm really struggling. I want ones with good fabric that isn't see through and washes well. I want classic shaped ones, so not ford, but not big and baggy either. Surely it shouldn't be that hard?

I've tried quite a few but I'm having no luck. I don't mind paying for quality, but I can't even find expensive nice tshirts, let alone reasonably priced ones.

Where should I be looking?

Indecisivejo Fri 17-Jun-16 10:59:54

Primark stretch crew neck and scoop necks are good and lots of colours

lilygirl81 Fri 17-Jun-16 11:01:26

I really like the Next Essentials ones, wash and tumble well, good colours and lovely fabric

dragonsarebest Fri 17-Jun-16 11:01:52

Uniqlo or Muji.

chanice Fri 17-Jun-16 11:03:34

H&m and sainsburys are good.

Floisme Fri 17-Jun-16 11:09:34

The best quality Ts I've ever had were from Toast. I'm holding my nerve, waiting for them to come up in the sale.

Itscurtainsforyou Fri 17-Jun-16 12:43:36

American apparel had some in their sale recently

WhiteHairReally Fri 17-Jun-16 12:58:40

Laura Ashley 3/4 sleeve, double front ( so no binding at neck line) similar to Jigsaw equivalent but cheaper.

Land's End have lots of different styles. Not fashion's cutting edge but they wash well.

Kettlewell do every colour of the rainbow and are good quality too. Their reviews are useful too.

M and S elbow length, scoop neck 2 for £12 have their supporters too, but the colours can be a bit meh. I buy new white ones each year.

I like Uniqlo too but they only have a scoop neck ( large if nork therefore required) in 3/4 sleeve. And, warning, some have a rather alarming 'shiny' effect when the elastane is stretched and catches the light.

Tenpastlate Fri 17-Jun-16 16:44:57

Oasis, £14. Much better than my 'ultimate tshirt' which cost £27 from Hush angry

ktjb39 Fri 17-Jun-16 17:11:47

I agree with the Oasis ones I've bought a couple and really pleased with them. The multi-tasking t shirts are the ones I like.

Dancergirl Fri 17-Jun-16 17:14:19

Try Boden or Hush

seefeld Fri 17-Jun-16 19:56:48

I've got some lovely ones from Cos. They're nice and soft and wash well. I have a few plain cotton short sleeved v necks and some long sleeved striped round neck tops with a bit of stretch and they've all washed well.

seefeld Fri 17-Jun-16 19:58:11

I've also been disappointed by the Hush ones! I had them last summer and they only lasted a few washes before looking really tatty

BikeRunSki Fri 17-Jun-16 20:03:58

Howies last for ever, wash well.

JemimaMuddledUp Fri 17-Jun-16 20:25:08

Dorothy Perkins ones are surprisingly good.

Next ones are the same price and rubbish.

Boden ones are really thin, but their Johnnie B range ones tend to be good if you can fit in their sizes.

Seasalt are usually good, but can be hit and miss.

balkanscot Fri 17-Jun-16 21:33:02

White Company V-neck T-shirts are superb! They only come in 2 colours but the fit and fabric are second to none. They also wash well and keep their shape.

balkanscot Fri 17-Jun-16 21:34:15

Actually, they come in three colours blush: white, navy and grey!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now