Talk

Advanced search

Are strapless Wonderbras true to size?

(10 Posts)
PacificDogwod Thu 16-Jun-16 21:51:24

What I am really asking is can I risk buying one online?
Or do I have to try them on?

Really cannot be asked to go to a shop… grin

GinIsIn Thu 16-Jun-16 22:01:34

You need to go up a size in the band.

PacificDogwod Thu 16-Jun-16 22:02:50

Oh, really?
Good to know.
Same cup size?

Drogon Thu 16-Jun-16 22:03:22

I would say so (if you definitely know your correct size!)

With a strapless you need the back to be tight to help it stay in place.

PacificDogwod Thu 16-Jun-16 22:07:20

Yes, I am confident of my size - have been well and truly bra-interentioned, here and in RL grin

Drogon Thu 16-Jun-16 22:11:36

Can you order a couple of sizes and try a few on? I found that the material was quite stretchy so with a few wears I had to move on to the tighter hooks, which is why I would stay with the same band size.

If you do decide to go up a back size though, drop a cup size (so if you're 32D go for a 34C as the cup will work out the same size)

I fitted a lot of these bras, it was always hands down the best strapless bra grin

LolBeansandSalad Thu 16-Jun-16 22:13:29

I ordered online recently and had to return as the band was too small, as in, wouldn't bloody meet in the middle!

PacificDogwod Thu 16-Jun-16 22:14:29

Yes, I could order a couple of sizes, I'm just impatient and don't want the faff of sending stuff back <lazy cow>
I've got a couple of new sundresses for our holiday, but really cannot afford to go totally without scaffolding (32DD) so I thought if I had a couple of strapless numbers, maybe in some nice colours, that would do?

Pissant Fri 17-Jun-16 07:44:05

The Wonderbra strapless bra gave me blisters around my ribcage the first time I wore it - it is VERY tight.

I bought a 34C years ago ( prior to bra intervention, am now a 32E!) but I still wear it now and again. I wore it recently - and it certainly feels secure and stays put.

Def go up a back size though.

stripeyzebra321 Fri 17-Jun-16 10:20:29

I wear a 34F but find the backs on most bras a tad loose so I ordered a 32F thinking it wouldn't fall down.
I couldn't even get the thing done up and it was a bargain on eBay and new so I ended up having to order a extra clip in section to make it bigger. Cup size is fab, I do agree they are very tight tho. Mines got tight elastic in the band.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now