Talk

Advanced search

Shoes that don't cut across toe joints and don't look like they belong to a granny

(5 Posts)
40SomethingFabulouslyClueless Wed 15-Jun-16 20:12:28

To be fair, my granny had great taste in shoes, but I'm sure you know what I mean. I need a pair of ballet flats or a similar low heeled, smart shoes for work, but here's the crunch - I can't wear anything that cuts across my big toe joint because of bunions (so that will be every pair of shoes in the shops), or rubs on my outer toe bunion (is that even a thing?!) and totally flat shoes kill my arches, so it needs some support. Ideally in navy.

Every pair of shoes I look at seems to cut right across the toe joint. I'm beginning to think that the shoe industry are in cahoots with podiatrists. hmm

All of you with similarly challenged feet - tell me where I can find shoes that don't cut into my bunions but look vaguely attractive <shuffles off in comfortable slippers>

40SomethingFabulouslyClueless Thu 16-Jun-16 09:06:07

Are there any other bunion sufferers out there?

EustachianTube Thu 16-Jun-16 09:10:26

I'm a fellow sufferer but don't have any answers for you sadly. 😞
I have to get wide fit shoes, but it's hard to find non-granny ones. Try M&S, next, h&m and Evans - they all have wide-fit ranges.

dirtyprettything Thu 16-Jun-16 09:43:54

Clarke wide fit, try the Kendra - its very comfortable but looks great.
On sale at the moment too!

40SomethingFabulouslyClueless Thu 16-Jun-16 14:30:35

Thanks all. Not sure I'm a wide fit, but will try some.

I like the look of the Kendra, does it cut across the big toe joint though?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now