Talk

Advanced search

Travel wallet

(14 Posts)
Helgathehairy Wed 15-Jun-16 14:22:56

I dream of being organised but usually end up with bits shoved everywhere. Next time we fly we'll have 2 DC so want to be a bit more organised. I covet the aspinal travel wallet here but it's just too expensive.

Any cheaper travel wallets around? Although most everything is done online now!

Justmuddlingalong Wed 15-Jun-16 14:35:29

We use a kipling travel wallet. Had it for years, still looks brand new. Not a classy leather one like you're after, but does the job brilliantly.

Helgathehairy Wed 15-Jun-16 17:52:48

They look nice! Classy leather is all well and good but - thinking about it - it would be better to have something I don't have to look after too much!

Whatthefoxgoingon Wed 15-Jun-16 22:54:39

How about this on sale? Gwan treat yourself!

www.aspinaloflondon.com/products/lindbergh-travel-wallet-with-passport-cover-in-denim-blue-croc-and-cream-suede

bojorojo Wed 15-Jun-16 22:58:57

I love the Aspinal ones and actually have a Smythson one that doubles up as a clutch bag. However ...,. Time and time again we use an inside pocket in a ruck sack or a zipped section in my large handbag. The walkers can be a bit fiddly and only gave room for one passport.

bojorojo Wed 15-Jun-16 22:59:26

Wallets - not walkers!!!

Helgathehairy Thu 16-Jun-16 16:24:42

I'm not actually a fan of that aspinal one whatthe Not a massive fan of croc effect.

The more I think about it I'm not sure I'd get much use out of it. DH NEEDS to be the one who carries the passports (and check them every 5 minutes!)

andadietcoke Thu 16-Jun-16 16:28:47

I have a cath Kidston one with a long (removable) cross body strap I which horrifies me, but at the same time is bloody useful when you're juggling children and hand luggage and 4 passports and sets of tickets.

thisonethennomore Thu 16-Jun-16 16:49:11

I'm always being given travel wallets for Christmas although I've never asked for one.
My most used one is a simple, zipped sleeve, it's always a faff putting things in compartment. I don't recommend Passport covers, you have to take them off for Retina recognition.

KatieTheVampireSlayer Thu 16-Jun-16 16:54:53

If your not sure you will use it you could get one like www.paperchase.co.uk/gifts/bags-and-travel/travel-accessories/raindrops-ticket-file.html

KatieTheVampireSlayer Thu 16-Jun-16 16:56:18

slightly fancier one

HermioneWeasley Thu 16-Jun-16 20:03:04

If what you're after is the functionality rather than owt fancy , I got a cheapie nylon one form China for about £3.

Helgathehairy Fri 17-Jun-16 09:00:37

kate I like that second one!

hermione I want both ideally. I have been looking on aliexpress.

ChishandFips33 Fri 17-Jun-16 10:29:15

I'm functional and use one of these in red so I can find it in my overcrowded hand luggage

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now