Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Post-baby hair

(12 Posts)
BossyOfficerFlossie Wed 15-Jun-16 11:51:44

So my hair isn't usually my finest feature, fine and a mousy blond. Gets quite long and when highlighted looks ok but never going to set the world on fire. When pregnant it is lovely, so thick, amazing condition, fabulous... Six months post birth and half of it has fallen out. I have big receeding wings at the temples and an inch wide strip along the front that sport short dark fluff, plus more sprouts from my parting. The long bits are snarly and tangles. And it seems to be so lank and need washing daily 😳 what on earth do I do with it? Just hate how it looks and can't see how it will look any better soon. Had it after the first two babies but not so badly. Have had all the blood tests and they are fine. On a multivitamin. Stuck and gloomy... Please inspire me or cheer me up 😕

BossyOfficerFlossie Wed 15-Jun-16 14:12:45

Bumping as desperate...

CaitAgusMadra Wed 15-Jun-16 14:32:56

Following with interest. My hair hasn't fallen out but I'm cute sporting a lions mane of short hairs that stick straight up. DC2 is now 8 mo.

My hairdresser advised me to spray hairspray onto a comb and brush over the hairs to try keep them down. TBH it only sort of works on my hair. I also got my hair cut a bit shorter than normal (long bob) so hoping the new hair will eventually grow enough to blend in. It was also awful after DS1 and only really went away when I got pregnant again. Not an option for me this time wink

CaitAgusMadra Wed 15-Jun-16 14:33:26

Oh dear god, I'm so not cute...should have said currently!

BossyOfficerFlossie Wed 15-Jun-16 14:49:42

I'm sure the lions mane is cute 😉 think will have to lose the length on mine (sob) or it will take forever to match in the new bits. Do want another but need a bit of a gap so have to put up with it for a while longer. God knows what it will be like after number four...!

Artistic Wed 15-Jun-16 15:15:46

My usually thick & long hair fell out a lot around the 6 months mark, But did get back to its former self once I stopped bf. Does that give you any hope at all?

BossyOfficerFlossie Wed 15-Jun-16 15:19:13

Good to know it will be ok in the end and yes that does give me hope. Meanwhile maybe I shall buy a hat...?

Artistic Wed 15-Jun-16 16:53:32

You can also try some Argan oil which really makes hair smooth glossy & tangle free. Helps to refresh without washing.
A hat will also help. grin

BettyBi0 Wed 15-Jun-16 16:59:26

I had this after dc1 and it was just starting to improve/be less obvious 2 years later when i popped out another. I tried going SLS and silicone free which helped a little and if you can stand the daily styling then I think a fringe helps to disguise it. I've taken to wearing 40s style headbands to cover it up. You can get cute wired ones on eBay for less than £2 to try out.

ledgeoffseason Wed 15-Jun-16 20:34:50

Such, feel your pain, have nice thick hair normally, mental lion's mane in pregnancy and now at four months pp it's v frizzy and falling out and thick lush handfuls EVERYWHERE, driving me crazy! It's gross! Just awaiting the short frizzies to grow in.

ledgeoffseason Wed 15-Jun-16 20:35:17

EUCH not such, autocorrect is on fire tonight!

sycamore54321 Thu 16-Jun-16 02:16:14

Oh gosh, the shedding I had was terrible. I already have thick and abundant hair but it was ridiculous during pregnancy. Then some weeks after the baby was born, I was shedding like a Labrador. It was awful - I had to Hoover twice a day to keep it off my wooden floors! Not to mention the clogged drain in the shower. It also looked desperate with super short layers around the front when it grew back. My response was to find a hairdresser who recently returned from maternity leave and she gave me a long side-swept fringe that hid the worst of it. Would this work for you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now