Asos forever tees- don't waste your time

(19 Posts)
zippyswife Tue 14-Jun-16 21:28:26

Anyone else got these? I loved them so much I bought a black white and grey and a long sleeved navy. After one wash they look like rags- completely mishapen bobbly etc.

Customer service has been appalling. They ignored my emails for weeks and finally after much back and forth of requesting photos of the items etc they have said that if I print off the labels (I do not have access to a printer) and return them I can get a refund.

So.... This is just a rant/warning against purchasing

Youvegottobekidding Tue 14-Jun-16 21:34:35

No I haven't but thanks for the heads up....however, I've just recently purchased a t-shirt from new look, ok so I know they're not expensive, but even after just one wear, it's gone all stretchy & baggy, completely lost its shape, so I'm just using it as a night top!

seefeld Tue 14-Jun-16 21:56:57

I had the same problem a year or so ago! They looked great to begin with but then looked awful after a few washes. I had a grey, black and pink short sleeved v necks. I didn't send them back - tiny baby and didn't have the energy - but now you've reminded me I wish I had!

OiWithThePoodlesAlready Wed 15-Jun-16 11:24:12

Good to know! I was looking at these because I liked the cut of them. I won't bother now.

It's so hard to find good quality simple styles without paying £££.

zippyswife Wed 15-Jun-16 11:33:27

Yes it's such a shame. I buy tonnes from them but their customer service has been so poor that I'm going to look for alternative now.

Seefeld I know what you mean I also have a tiny baby and no energy but I think I'm going to have to return them.

zippyswife Wed 15-Jun-16 11:34:53

The way I've managed to get any response from customer services is by posting on their Facebook page which then gets immediately removed and they send a really twee response with lots of these faces in them ☺️😊 Which is giving me the rage!!

coppergrey Wed 15-Jun-16 12:59:56

I've had one of these twee responses via Twitter, after a week of waiting for their reply. Among all the emojis they asked me for my email address which I provided within seconds of them sending the DM... and now it's been 3 days and still no email hmm

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 15-Jun-16 13:03:31

Drives me mad that customers don't have the ability to leave reviews on the Asos website.

zippyswife Wed 15-Jun-16 15:46:05

Is there a similar alternative to Asos? With actual customer service?

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Wed 15-Jun-16 15:50:20

I've recently bought some nice plain tees from h&m. I posted here actually.

They shrunk like bastards, but ironing fixes it. Shame as I never iron but I'm prepared to let it go as the shape and length are so good.

zippyswife Wed 15-Jun-16 16:29:34

Ironing? Sorry. What's that?

ByTheWishingWell Wed 15-Jun-16 16:33:05

I get plain tees from H&M too. A couple went bobbly straight away, but the organic cotton ones (2 pack for £10) seem to last quite well.

banivani Wed 15-Jun-16 17:30:00

If we could post reviews on Asos it'd be the death of the company.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Wed 15-Jun-16 18:06:19

I know!grin

Pippin8 Wed 15-Jun-16 18:11:13

I ordered these & sent them straight back as the quality was shite. I also bought a crew neck navy tee from there for £6 & was expecting that to be awful but it's washed well & kept its shape & size.

The best tee I've had this year is a v neck linen mix one from m&s. The online reviews said it came up short but I thought it was fine.

Toffeelatteplease Wed 15-Jun-16 19:17:16

I have tshirts from H&M still going strong a year or so down the line. Not bad for less than £7. I don't tend to iron them

redexpat Wed 15-Jun-16 22:30:35

Yes I like the long sleeved basic tops from h&m. Good colours that don't fade.

zippyswife Thu 16-Jun-16 06:34:11

Well h&m it is then. I'm gutted about Asos as I've had great buys over the years.

Pissant Thu 16-Jun-16 07:55:12

My best tshirts are from Gap - the v neck fitted style.

Also Primark - the stretchy lycra type - they last for years. I can't get rid of them!

Oh, also bought a couple of Next plain crew next tshirts last summer - they have washed well - no shrinkage or twisting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now