Talk

Advanced search

Concealer that doesn't make my dark shadows look grey!

(11 Posts)
Trickymoments Tue 14-Jun-16 14:29:56

Is there such a thing? I have quite dark areas under my eyes and I've tried so many concealers but none of them really cover them up.
My skin colour is sallow, olivey and the dark undereye bits make me look very tired even though I'm not.

I'm currently using the No.7'illuminating pen like touche eclat but it's making the skin look grey.

I just want something the right colour that will make them look less noticeable and me more alive!

Can anyone help please?

CookieDoughKid Tue 14-Jun-16 14:32:59

You need a colour corrector applied prior to a concealer. Something like Benefit Erase Paste will be the thing you need. Go try it out in a store and they'll recommend the correct shade:
www.benefitcosmetics.com/uk/en-gb/product/erase-paste-brightening-concealer%20

CookieDoughKid Tue 14-Jun-16 14:35:05

Just to add, it basically counteracts the darkness and brightens it. You then put your normal concealer on top but I tend to steer away from 'shiny' concealers or one with too many reflective particles. I find Benefit Industrial Strength concealer one of the best (and no, I don't work for them sadly!).

Trickymoments Tue 14-Jun-16 14:38:27

Thanks Cookie are they very heavy? The skin under my eyes is so thin I don't want to look caked in make up. They sound good though.

Hillbilly73 Tue 14-Jun-16 14:40:47

YSL Touche Éclat, it's light reflective. Try it over a concealer if the grey is really bad.

RosyfingeredDawn Tue 14-Jun-16 14:49:22

I have similar sallow skin and dark under eye shadows. I use Origins Plantscription anti-ageing concealer. It covers well and is matt. I have tried Toche Eclat but this is much better.

HeyMacWey Tue 14-Jun-16 14:59:24

Another olive toned dark circle sufferer.
I've just bought the nyx dark circle concealer corrector in shade light /pale and it covers them really well. I also use it in the inside corners which helps to make me look more awake.

HeyMacWey Tue 14-Jun-16 15:00:17

It's quite light too - I apply with a brush and pat in. It doesn't settle in my fine lines either.

CookieDoughKid Tue 14-Jun-16 15:56:11

Yes. I'm afraid it's quite thick but only a tiny amount needed. You c as new thin it out with a light day moisturiser though.

Icrackedup Tue 14-Jun-16 16:19:16

Yep, thick colour correctors need the warmth of your fingers to blend in properly. Spend a good minute patting it in from the outside of the eye to the inner corner and press your ring fingertips gently on to the inner corner for a few seconds to help it melt in and not be cakey.

Howaboutthisone Wed 15-Jun-16 15:15:09

I got ErasePaste today on look fantastic with 20% off which I think is still on if that's any use?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now