Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone tried turmeric face mask?

(15 Posts)
Buddahbelly Tue 14-Jun-16 08:04:45

If you haven't, oh my god you need to try it.

My skin has never been so glowy and even toned. Even dp said wow when I told him to feel how soft my face was (and that's a big thing for him as he usually just laughs and takes a picture of me with the latest concoction on my face.

I found the recipe online when searching for things to reduce age spots, this was sold as a brightening mask for uneven skin tone, so thought id give it a go, age spots have faded (not completely but faded enough that I now squint to see them).

Skin is bright and super soft, even with moisturiser i've never had skin so soft. I used a teaspoon of turmeric, natural yoghurt and some honey. I thought id dye my face orange but gladly i didn't. I now have the dewy glowy skin that you all talk about when using cetaphil or asian skin stuff smile

WomanScorned Tue 14-Jun-16 08:34:03

Ooh, sounds good.
I take it the mask is as well as your usual skin care (ie, weekly oil cleanse and just water in between, in my very lazy case!)?

CremeDeSudo Tue 14-Jun-16 11:01:57

Don't you end up with yellow skin??

CremeDeSudo Tue 14-Jun-16 11:03:25

What recipe did you use? Can you share?

notthestereotype1 Tue 14-Jun-16 13:20:29

Like the sound of this. I'm very surprised you didn't end up with a yellow face though!

Does it tingle? I like it to tingle wink grin

UterusUterusGhali Tue 14-Jun-16 13:32:09

My fingers are still yellow from making bhajis last week!

Are you on a wind-up, op? grin

Buddahbelly Tue 14-Jun-16 14:47:50

haha no, definitely not a wind up, I was desperate for things to fade or get rid of age spots after my last post didn't get many replies so I googled for a while and came across this a lot, told my indian friend last night and she just laughed and said it's very common in mumbai where she is from, her grandmother would make a big batch of the face mask and she was surprised she hadnt heard of more people doing it over here.

She told me to use chickpea/gram flour next time to add as a clay ingredient for oily skin. So the basis for it is a teaspoon of gram flour, dash of honey & 3/4 teaspoon of turmeric. For dry skin use milk and pat it on and for oily combo skin use the yoghurt.

this was the 1st video i watched on youtube but there are tons on there and they all add in different things, such as lemons/avocados etc. I liked the basic one i used last night which was just the turmeric, yoghurt and a bit of honey. You leave it on for around 15/20 minutes. and as long as you don't add tons of turmeric you'll be ok. Make sure you wash it off well, so perfect for adding it on then getting a shower.

Buddahbelly Tue 14-Jun-16 14:49:10

sorry forgot to link ---https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3ZAxpYp75U not sure if it will work as a link. if not google diy turmeric face mask for rosacea and dark circles.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Tue 14-Jun-16 14:54:09

I'll end up with yellow skin, fingers, top and towels.

Not worth the hassle.

Buddahbelly Tue 14-Jun-16 15:01:57

chardonnay I didnt touch the stuff, just used a teaspoon to mix everything and then applied it with the back of the spoon.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Tue 14-Jun-16 15:02:44

Why didn't tough it?
Were you scared your fingers will turn yellow?

grin

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Tue 14-Jun-16 15:03:00

touch sorry!

Buddahbelly Tue 14-Jun-16 15:23:10

Of course i was, smile was terrified id end up going to work like marge simpson too. But after watching a few videos they all said to use the back of the spoon so did it and was fine.

fuzzywuzzy Tue 14-Jun-16 15:40:28

In India they use these type of masks on brides before their wedding, add rose water which acts as a moisturiser for dry skin and smells nice. they use it on the entire body actually.

You wont turn yellow and your fingers wont turn yellow, definitely mix wit a spoon.

Paperdolly Mon 17-Oct-16 19:11:35

Ha! The secret seems to be to use the Turmeric especially for face masks; not the cooking one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now