Doublewear foundation - worth the hype?

(23 Posts)
DailyMailResearcher Mon 13-Jun-16 17:33:35

Just that really... Does it last all day or does it need reapplying? Work long days and just want to be confident that my skin looks ok post lunch...

maddiesparks Mon 13-Jun-16 18:43:23

I like it, if applied with a brush I get great coverage and I find it definitely lasts all day. You only need a small amount as well so the bottle lasts a long time. I've just come to the end of my bottle and I bought it in February so it's lasted ages.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 13-Jun-16 18:50:57

This is interesting as I love colour stay

vibrantbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/battle-of-long-wear-foundations-revlon.html?m=1

TulipStream Mon 13-Jun-16 19:02:46

It definetely lasts all day and looks best allied with a brush. You only need a small amount. I like the real technique brushes smile but you'll need an oil based cleanser to remove it!

BrexitentialCrisis Mon 13-Jun-16 19:29:02

It's bloody brilliant for when you are hungover. I used to use it but mixed it with a really light moisturiser like Nivea or something because it is so thick it can look a bit cakey if you are ham fisted at applying it like me. They do a lighter formulation too. You can also just use it like a concealer too apparently.

EveWornOut Mon 13-Jun-16 19:35:35

I find it lasts all day too. I've just switched to the liquid Chanel Les Beiges after years of using Double Wear. I love the texture, colour and finish but I need a primer underneath to make it last as well as the Double Wear.

dudsville Mon 13-Jun-16 20:23:50

I love it, it evens our my highly varied skin tone and lasts all day. I also apply it with a brush. I decant it into a tub so that I get every last drop - stupid little glass jar!

DailyMailResearcher Mon 13-Jun-16 22:02:55

Has anyone tried this? Is it ok to use by itself over primer or am I better off with a liquid? They do one that is called 'on the go' or something that looks good too....

SorrelForbes Mon 13-Jun-16 23:35:17

I much prefer the Double Wear To Go as it's nicer texture.

frank2011 Mon 13-Jun-16 23:49:57

Not much good if you are in your early 40s like me! Clings to every fine line aging me terribly!!! I

WellTidy Tue 14-Jun-16 06:49:38

I don't find it good for dry skin. I find that it cakes a lot. My skin is dry, but I do like double wear light. I use an illuminating primer underneath.

FatPatricia Tue 14-Jun-16 07:15:46

It looks and stays perfect on me but I am only 20 and can see why it probably wouldn't work for older skin. And make sure to get properly matched as a lot of the shades can be too orangey on most people.

ALaughAMinute Tue 14-Jun-16 07:22:08

It's good if you moisturise beforehand and apply it sparingly using a brush or a damp sponge. You can also apply another layer if there are any areas you want to cover such as blotches or thread veins. I'd highly recommend it.

Estée Lauder will give you a sample if you want to try it.

Absolutelynothingelse Tue 14-Jun-16 09:00:10

It's great stuff so long as you moisturise first and take it off properly at the end of the day with a cleansing balm because it's like glue.

TheLadyWithTheYellowHat Tue 14-Jun-16 09:03:40

Love it! Teamed with double wear concealer and the Estee lauder powder it hides everything and makes you look flawless

alltouchedout Tue 14-Jun-16 09:06:51

It has incredible staying power but if you have any dry patches it will highlight them massively.

How does it do it very hot weather? I've only ever used it in cooler months but want to wear it to a summer wedding and if we are lucky enough to have glorious hot sunshine, am I going to be a cake patchy mess after a while?

OuchLegoHurts Tue 14-Jun-16 10:17:48

If you really like good coverage and lasting power but prefer a less cakey look I highly recommend Pro Long Wear by Mac. I've used both and have to say the compliments I've gotten about my skin since I started with the Mac one are unbelievable. It lasts all day, even on my oily chin!

OuchLegoHurts Tue 14-Jun-16 10:18:49

Also I have very dry cheeks and forehead and the ProLong Wear is the first foundation I've tried that doesn't clump after a couple of hours

DailyMailResearcher Tue 14-Jun-16 11:45:41

Oh thanks all. Only have EL in my local boots so will get a sample until I can get to a MAC counter.... Thanks

MissBianca Tue 14-Jun-16 11:49:23

I liked it until I hit my forties, then I agree with pp it just emphasises lines and makes me look ancient.

Tried it mixed with a lighter one, but that didn't work either.

Howaboutthisone Tue 14-Jun-16 13:57:05

Maybe get a sample of the DW light too. Less shades but I prefer it to full DW and I find it lasts really well. I use it with the DW concealer and MAC mineralise skinfinish natural and find that it stays put, good coverage without being as heavy as full DW. It's also easier to apply in my opinion.

Mrs9C Tue 14-Jun-16 16:08:45

I love it, I'm on my 3rd repurchase of it. But you do need it to match your exact skin colour.

dudsville Tue 14-Jun-16 20:08:52

I've only started wearing it in my 40's. Previously got away with cheaper stuff. So I can't say it emphasises my lines as I didn't wear it before, but I think it's a fab product.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now