Can I paint the leather on these sandals?

(5 Posts)
WellTidy Mon 13-Jun-16 14:38:51

I have seen thesesandals on ebay. I have been looking out for them, as I have a pair of my own, in tan, and they are the only sandals I have found for an age that do not hurt my bunion-ed feet. So I am verye xcited to have found a pair in my size, despite them not being new. I wouldn't wear white sandals, so do you think I could paint them tan or something? And if so, with what, and would that last?

Chocolateteabag Mon 13-Jun-16 23:42:59

I tried painting tan leather boots a darker brown - used "leather" dye - they looked great until I put them on and then the leather cracked along the wear lines and then they looked rubbish.

I've also tried using coloured leather wax to restore a faded red handbag - result? Red marks on my jeans where I hadn't rubbed the wax back enough. Rubbed it back and it all just rubbed off

I wouldn't try it personally

WellTidy Tue 14-Jun-16 05:41:24

Hmmm. I won the sandals, as I was the only bidder. I'm going to give dying them a try, they haven't been a great expense even if it doesn't work. I will wear them round the house with bare legs for the first wear to assess the risk of transfer. Thanks.

blueskyinmarch Tue 14-Jun-16 06:16:53

Why wouldn't you wear white sandals? I have white sandals and find they go with everything.

WellTidy Tue 14-Jun-16 06:47:55

My skin is so pale it's a shade of pale blue, so white sandals are not a good look for me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now