Talk

Advanced search

Stella & Dot

(9 Posts)
BendydickCuminsnatch Mon 13-Jun-16 14:23:09

I've often had a browse at their website and some things have caught my eye, but it seems pretty pricey for what it is, unless it's great quality? So, is it?

Also I get the feeling it's a bit MLM-ish?

Just want to see what other people think of their products!

LuckySantangelo1 Mon 13-Jun-16 14:25:28

It's a pyramid scheme. Overpriced I think. Not great quality.

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Mon 13-Jun-16 14:30:42

I've got loads from there (bought online, not at a party!) and I think it is good quality, and the items I've got are very classic so have been worn lots. I wear gold tone jewellery, and haven't had any issues with the plating wearing off or anything like that.

I have been to a party though - and I think they don't make enough online of the fact that so many of their pieces can be worn in so many different ways, including the bags and scarves, as this was what was really pushed at the party. It really surprised me and made me want more of their necklaces.

It is expensive, but they do have sales, so it may be possible to save a bit.

WhisperingLoudly Mon 13-Jun-16 14:31:33

Quality is hit and miss - I bought a lovely cuff for £60 which the inside edge plating has come off and now turns my wrist black hmm

Other bits and pieces have faired better but I'd love to find somewhere that did high quality costume jewelry.

JackandDiane Mon 13-Jun-16 14:31:41

It's overpriced. Still love the renegade bracelets though and are admired by everyone. Plus the smaller silver hoops.

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Mon 13-Jun-16 14:53:56

You've just reminded me JackandDiane - the renegade bracelet was the first thing I got from them. I broke it on my microwave (got elastic hooked on the door catch) and contacted them to ask how best to repair it/whether they'd send me some replacement beads. They sent me a new bracelet straight away. So they do have fantastic customer service going for them (as long as you've bought direct I guess!)

BendydickCuminsnatch Mon 13-Jun-16 15:06:11

Hmm, mixed reviews then! As I thought, thanks all!

louloubelle2 Mon 13-Jun-16 15:15:03

Bendy don't care about Stella and Dot but you win the best username in MN!

Kirriemuir Mon 13-Jun-16 18:06:22

Oh hahahahahahahaha! Fabulous name!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now