Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Shampoo and conditioner recs?

(5 Posts)
BoyFromTheBigBadCity Mon 13-Jun-16 12:37:22

I have very straight, fine hair. Live in a very hard water area. I have very oily hair, and what with the weather etc I wash it almost every day. I had the perfect combo (timotei white tea, loved both shampoo and conditioner) but it's been discontinued. Any suggestions?

calisha Tue 14-Jun-16 21:48:56

I've got similar hair and at the moment find the best bet is the L'Oréal elvive fibrology for thicker hair range. I use the shampoo + conditioner and the styling serum - it does seem to make my hair look thicker

phoolani Wed 15-Jun-16 01:00:00

Having tried what seems like hundreds of shampoos/conditioners for my (v similar) hair, I've given up. I'm now using up all the leftovers bottles I have, along with a bottle of waitrose own shampoo (about £1.59). I did use fibrology but the consensus seems to be that it's terrible for your hair and should only be used for special occasions. Not very helpful I know, but my hair looks better now since I gave up conditioner entirely and used the loreal oil instead. Conditioner always seemed to weigh my hair down; the oil can give it a bit of bounce, or a really intensive conditioning if you whap a load on every week or so.

MeDented Wed 15-Jun-16 01:13:19

Any of the ones sold in Holland & Barratt - they have no nasties in and there is a whole range so you can choose the one that suits your hair type. Prob a similar base to the Timote one

Bananajam Wed 15-Jun-16 09:41:38

I was using the Elvive Fibrology range but have just switched to the new clay range - currently on offer in Asda. It's supposed to help with greasy roots and dry ends. I thought it was worth a try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now