Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to really like this stuff?

(17 Posts)
PacificDogwod Sun 12-Jun-16 10:33:38

Land's End Canvas

It's pricey but I find myself draaaaaawn to it.

Is this a total style failure on my part or have they got something there??

I like Land's End anyway for t-shirt and kids' stuff, but now I want a star dress… don't need it but want it, dammit!

fuckincuntbuggerinarse Sun 12-Jun-16 10:34:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PacificDogwod Sun 12-Jun-16 10:37:42

Oh no, wrong answer, fuck! (Nice NN btw grin)

They do leather flip-flops too…

Sigh.

burnishedsilver Sun 12-Jun-16 12:11:23

Oh wow. There are some really nice things there. I'd never have thought to look at lands end.

fuckincuntbuggerinarse Sun 12-Jun-16 12:13:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Liiinooo Sun 12-Jun-16 13:37:23

It's really pretty. If I had the figure and the budget I would buy it. But I don't so that's a bullet dodged.

pseudonymity Sun 12-Jun-16 13:48:34

Swimwear is great!

expatinscotland Sun 12-Jun-16 13:52:11

Buy it! It's pretty.

Floisme Sun 12-Jun-16 13:56:24

That's nice - and it's cotton too! (Although at that price I think they could have managed a cotton lining).

I like it when shops surprise you. Off to take a closer look.

PacificDogwod Sun 12-Jun-16 13:59:50

I bought some of their Terra Aqua swimwear in the sale before Easter and it is fantastic quality and, I think, nice.

Yes, I agree, for that price things should be lined etc.

I am trying to justify splashing out on something there as most of my wardrobe otherwise is 2nd hand/from ebay/charity shops, so that makes it alright, doesn't it? winkgrin

Jeremysfavouriteaunt Sun 12-Jun-16 16:09:29

It is similar to this

Jeremysfavouriteaunt Sun 12-Jun-16 16:10:26

Wrong thread, soz

MelanieCheeks Sun 12-Jun-16 16:10:49

Love the patterns!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 12-Jun-16 17:20:58

I love the circle skirt dress (it's £140 though, there's probably cheaper out there)

Are you planning on buying dress number 2 and standing in thigh high water like the model grin. Her face says "Be a model, they said travel the world they said. Not stand up to your bum in the sea in Feb"

Fuzzypeggy Sun 12-Jun-16 17:44:26

Some nice things but £110 for a swimsuit?? I like the dresses though

cressetmama Sun 12-Jun-16 18:08:10

I thought Lands End had killed this line and mourned. I bought loads of casual things from there a few years ago, and still wear it all. It has been brilliant on quality and fit. That said, at full price, it is fairly expensive for very casual. I bought stuff in dollars in the sale, for a few quid mostly, and paid the duty and tax, but since then sterling has fallen against the dollar. Priced in sterling, it doesn't look so great, but it has all served me well.

PacificDogwod Sun 12-Jun-16 18:23:25

I agree full price, all their stuff is rather dear.
Reduced not so much, and it washes really well.
The kids' things get handed down from DS to DS to DS and still look nice on DS4 grin - IMO a red/green/blue polo shirt never goes out of fashion, so as long as it's not stained beyond redemption they each get a go. And their trousers are indestructible, really good.

cresset, has Canvas been around for a while then? Can't say I ever noticed before.

Yes, I too shall be standing in the surf in my £140 dress looking glum while displaying my best duck pout.

I am not actually buying anything <self-restraint> but shall look out for it when the sale comes… I want the large tote bag too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now