Royal Ascot Ladies Day

(7 Posts)
Libitina Fri 10-Jun-16 21:01:52

I have been given a ticket for Thursday. It will be for the Queen Anne enclosure. I am size 20/22 with huge boobs and 5'6". I am also mid 40's and brunette.

Please can anyone suggest a dress for me? High street preferably due to the short time frame. I don't want to end up in the gallery of shame in the Daily Mail shock

Thanks in advance

Trills Sat 11-Jun-16 14:38:01

Congratulations!

What's the weather forecast for Thursday? Will you be likely to be too hot or too cold?

What's your usual style? What colours do you like? Do you have accessories already?

The Rules say

A hat, headpiece, or fascinator should be worn at all times.
No strapless or sheer strap dresses
You can wear trousers, but they have tobe full length and the top must adhere to the "dress strap" rules
Midriffs must be covered
No shorts

LadyAntonella Sat 11-Jun-16 15:13:45

I love this dress and think it fits rules:

m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/Paper-Dolls-Plus/Paper-Dolls-Plus-Floral-Applique-Contrast-Pencil-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6839201&cid=9577&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=50&sort=-1&clr=Multi&totalstyles=1719&gridsize=3&un_jtt_v_frompage=0

LadyAntonella Sat 11-Jun-16 15:17:48

Maybe with this hat (or similar - this one is pricier than the dress)!

m.houseoffraser.co.uk/Biba+Jerry+Lace+and+Coil+Trim+Hat/234939495,default,pd.html

LadyAntonella Sat 11-Jun-16 15:27:29

Or you can do fascinator obviously - I just happen to love a big hat! smile

Libitina Sat 11-Jun-16 17:01:57

Thanks guys. Due to the short timescale I've gone with a 50's style Monsoon dress (me and 100 other people no doubt) with kitten heel stilletos and a fascinator.

LadyAntonella Sat 11-Jun-16 17:24:58

I'm sure you'll look great OP! Hope you have fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now