Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Post-BF new wardrobe help

(6 Posts)
Velodromedary Fri 10-Jun-16 20:28:53

I'm feeling a bit dowdy after 16 months of breastfeeding all hours of the day and night & showing no signs of stopping Can anyone help style me please?

I feel like I can't remember when I wore something nice day to day - I'm still living in slim fit jeans, BF vest tops, cardigans and comfy shoes, all of which have seen better days & need replacing, but what with?! I'm only 32 & I need to rediscover feeling nice about how I look sad

I am 5'11, slim size 10, small boobs, bad legs & ankles which I want to keep covered, big feet likewise - no heels but I can do a low wedge at a push as long as they're comfy.

I like blues, whites, creams, mint, pastels in general. Floral too. I don't think I can carry off floaty / baggy clothes, my natural frump shows through too much... Fitted is definitely more my thing. Maybe patterned trousers and a plain top would be good?

I just don't have time with DD to try things on to find out what looks nice & no one to take her so I can go alone so I just have no idea what there is out there and what might look nice. I'd hoped I might be able to collectively outsource my problems here smile Please help! Thank you so much.

LadyNicholasdeMimsyPorpington Sat 11-Jun-16 19:30:46

Go get a bra fitting and start from there. Everything will look better. And now you can wear nice bras again! Hooray!

Nearlyadoctor Sat 11-Jun-16 20:55:58

Are you still breastfeeding? If so still daytime or just at night? ie: does wardrobe need to accommodate this?

Velodromedary Sun 12-Jun-16 15:05:08

Ooh yes bras! I had just discovered how to fit them properly (went from 36A to 32C!) before being pregnant. I am still BF but it's only mornings and evenings and any time I venture perilously near the special chair at home so for out and about I don't need to wear BF friendly clothes.

Velodromedary Sun 12-Jun-16 15:27:45

Non-jeans trousers are always the trickiest for me to find - I wondered about these ones: http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/17519500001?gclid=CjwKEAjwkPS6BRD2ioKR7K245jASJAD1ZqHOu9PP8PFHBDvEIHGpjFs7sGg6FlyFOimyCehxeeE-RRoCeSeS^_w_wcBB

Velodromedary Sun 12-Jun-16 15:31:29

Or these: http://www.next.co.uk/g552792s5#387506

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now