Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do you look after your feet?

(36 Posts)
WaitrosePigeon Fri 10-Jun-16 18:50:47

I have a thing about feet. Dry heels mainly. I am forever slathering on palmers butter all over my feet and they are pedicured fort nightly. My feet are extremely ugly so this makes me feel a bit better. I really do try to look after them. Is anyone else the same?

Savagebeauty Fri 10-Jun-16 18:55:35

Yes!
I have very long thin bony feet. Not attractive. I have monthly pedicures and moisturise daily.
I love my feet massaged and pummelled grin

Queenoftheblues Fri 10-Jun-16 19:38:14

me too! i never have dry heels, can't stand them. i do my own weekly pedicures, rub in flexitol am and pm. always have bright polish. i think all feet are ugly so i make mine as pretty as possible,

SweetChickadee Fri 10-Jun-16 19:43:24

I actually have nice feet, with neat straight toes thanks to the ugly clarks shoes DM made me wear grin

- but I make sure I scrub, moisturize and pedicure to keep them looking nice .

Notso Fri 10-Jun-16 19:51:29

I try but my feet are awful. I'm too ashamed to have a pedicure. I pedegg and use flexitol but I they are still dry old hooves.
I think it's because I hate wearing shoes.

Savagebeauty Fri 10-Jun-16 20:20:31

*not so" go to a podiatrist. You will walk on air

SuckingEggs Fri 10-Jun-16 22:22:51

Went to the podiatrist today. Ace.

Also moisturise every day - winter and summer.

Shinyshoes2 Fri 10-Jun-16 22:25:33

My feet look like hobbit feet
They're ugly

eurochick Fri 10-Jun-16 22:29:40

What does a podiatrist do for you?

Fififofum Fri 10-Jun-16 22:32:44

You need to get Footner socks. They are THE most amazing thing. I do mine twice a year.

You're welcomesmile

Fififofum Fri 10-Jun-16 22:34:15

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00P9OFGGK/ref=mpss_a11_1aa_it?qid=1465594407&sr=8-1&keywords=footner+socks&pi=SY200_QL40

janethegirl2 Fri 10-Jun-16 22:37:25

Footner is amazing but very gruesome. If you want to see feet peel it's excellent.

Floralnomad Fri 10-Jun-16 22:39:01

My feet have been hideous for years and this year I'm using O'keefes foot cream and it's actually worked - I've used loads of home remedy stuff before and own a variety of foot files and micropedi machines but this stuff is fantastic .

TheNotoriousPMT Fri 10-Jun-16 22:42:20

I do a barefoot hobby. Sorry to be vague. I deliberately cultivate hard skin and lose toenails fairly often. My feet are quite horrible to look at.
I save a lot of money on pretty sandals though...

FurryLittleTwerp Fri 10-Jun-16 22:48:29

I attack mine regularly with a Soap & Glory foot file sometimes my penknife & every fortnight trim nails & redo nail varnish.

What is your vague barefoot hobby, PMT ? Grape-Treading perhaps?

mrsclooneytoyou Fri 10-Jun-16 22:57:43

Newtons sponges,flexitol and nail polish keep mine looking alright

WaitrosePigeon Fri 10-Jun-16 23:48:14

Does the footner stuff really work?

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Sat 11-Jun-16 07:53:13

Canesten foot cream.

Thick cracked heels are often caused by a fungal infection.

louloubelle2 Sat 11-Jun-16 10:20:19

eurochick
For the cosmetic stuff we're talking about here, a podiatrist will soak your feet in warm water, then use a scalpel, file and buffer to get rid of any dead skin, corns, cuticles, trim your nails, then they'll rub something like almond oil over your feet to finish.

They won't completely get rid of cracked heels if they are really deep, but will recommend something like flexitol to use daily after, which will get rid of them after a couple of weeks, if you stick to it. If you use flexitol, get the really thick stuff that looks like vaseline, not the cream. I use it liberally when I go to bed so it soaks in overnight.

It's a bit like a foot spa, a bit more clinical and without the massage and relaxing music, but can still be a nice way to spend half an hour and your feet will feel amazing. I recommend it.

AdoraKiora Sat 11-Jun-16 10:29:59

From about April-October, yes. Fortnightly pedicures, daily scrubbing and moisturising.

Winter? Hobbit.

DragonRojo Sat 11-Jun-16 10:35:05

I go to the podiatrist twice a year, have a professional pedicure once or twice a year and the rest I manage home. I use Scholl foot cream every day in the summer and a couple of times a week in the winter. In the summer, I always wear bright polish, but I tend to not bother in the winter

Nannawifeofbaldr Sat 11-Jun-16 10:39:58

I had a pedicure recently (sooo lovely) and I got a very polite telling off for not taking care of my feet.

I find moisturising my feet really annoying though, your feet end up all slippy and slidey - am I missing some technique?

Indecisivejo Sat 11-Jun-16 10:41:07

I apply CCS foot cream every night after a shower I bloody love this stuff

QuickSticks Sat 11-Jun-16 11:16:57

I make a real effort with my feet:-

Warm foot soak once a week in the evening while watching TV (my Google calendar reminds me so I then feel I HAVE to do it smile. Trim toe nails and do cuticles. Then soap and glory foot file. Followed by moisturiser - flexitol/eucerin/anything else laying around. Pop on some cotton socks afterwards so I can walk about.

I also paint my toe nails - I've got the Sensational UV lamp so it lasts ages.

Fififofum Sat 11-Jun-16 18:46:41

Waitrose- it's a bit disgusting but in a good way. Your feet will be reborn and feel like baby feet. Don't do it the week before a hot date! You put the socks on, leave an hour and rinse off. Nothing happens for 5-7 days and then your feet just start shedding- a lot. Socks are a must. Read reviews- they are good, worth itsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now