I declare I am cutting out booze!

(3 Posts)
LadyAntonella Fri 10-Jun-16 07:29:14

... for a little while - about 6 weeks to be precise, maybe longer if I get a taste for it. Of course, I am hopeful this will improve my general health and mood but I am vain and I am also secretly hoping it will make me beautiful look better.

I find I exercise more when I don't drink - I guess I'm more likely to go to a class or for a jog if I am not cracking open a bottle of wine at the earliest opportunity (within the realms of acceptable behaviour of course). I also think my skin might improve (I have rosacea and wine aggravates it) and maybe I will lose a few lbs which I could do with.

At the risk of hearing tumbleweeds, would anyone like to join me / keep me on track / offer advice?

Jmangel Fri 10-Jun-16 07:51:34

Good on ya. I did it for 3 months and definitely looked and felt better. Fell off the wagon for 1 week Italian holiday - got back yesterday and planning not to drink again until next holiday on 1st August. My skin looks plumper, less spots and redness and I exercised 4 x week. Also got more done around the house in the evenings.
Good luck!

LadyAntonella Fri 10-Jun-16 08:27:09

Thanks Jmangel! Good on you too! 1st August is a good stretch. I have a girls' night at the end of July so will be trying to abstain till then. Glad to hear it improved your skin and things. Yes, wine inevitably leads to a night on my arse in front of tv instead of doing useful things, so that will hopefully be knocked on the head a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now