Pregnant wedding guest... Advice needed!

(8 Posts)
MrsTickleMonster Thu 09-Jun-16 21:46:00

I know lots of you will have been looking at wedding guest outfits as the season is upon us... Has anyone seen anything that would be suitable for a heavily pregnant lady for an August wedding?

I'm 5'1", size 6/8 apart from bump, will be 37 weeks pg and can't wear navy as that's what the bridesmaids are wearing.

I've seen a few maternity styles on asos but was wondering if there's anything non-maternity about that might be suitable so I can possibly get more wear out of it in future

Thanks in advance

foreverclockwatching Thu 09-Jun-16 21:53:09

I've bought this dress from next which I am hoping to wear to a wedding at end of August. Wore it last week to an evening do and got compliments. www.next.co.uk/g872032s3#357513 It is maternity I'm afraid but I didn't think £30 was too bad.

MrsTickleMonster Thu 09-Jun-16 21:55:21

Thanks! That's nice but sold out 😟 I have lovely shoes that would have gone well with it too

foreverclockwatching Thu 09-Jun-16 21:56:59

Oh no sorry! I should have checked!

PurpleCrazyHorse Thu 09-Jun-16 22:18:11

I found a nice Mamalicious dress on Asos. Mine is navy (sorry) and a BFing one, but I've had loads of compliments

They're worth a look.

BabyClam Thu 09-Jun-16 22:20:43

I have just bought a floral sleeveless Gap maternity dress for £13 on eBay which would be perfect.
I got a medium and normally am small in gap, it is a bit loose round the bust but I expect to get even bigger.
It's lovely and loose and comfortable, I recommend getting a maternity frock rather than normal shaped. You may need the longer hem at the front.

MrsTickleMonster Fri 10-Jun-16 22:38:42

No probs Forever

Thanks for the advice... I'll look into mamalicious and Gap and eBay too!

SexNamesRFab Fri 10-Jun-16 23:06:17

Get maternity dress (as it will be much more flattering) then recoup some of the cost by selling it in eBay afterwards. I did this with an Isabella Oliver dress and got back almost what I'd paid for it.

37 weeks is v late on, bump will be in full swing. Anything that fit me at that late stage I wanted to burn immediately afterwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now