maxi dress - yay or nay?

(9 Posts)
poppym12 Thu 09-Jun-16 18:21:54

i've bought a lovely (bargain) maxi dress via asos and it does look ok, even at my lardiest (now).

are they really naff? it's not a strapless one, it has thin straps. i mainly wore knee length dresses last summer but i had a fab tan (part real) but this year my health is rubbish so just the thought of exfoliating, moisturising and faffing to make myself feel better in a dress is way too exhausting.

LadyAntonella Thu 09-Jun-16 18:37:19

Yay! I love maxi dresses. There are some lovely ones about.

poppym12 Thu 09-Jun-16 18:49:46

i've already got a few but never seem to get round to wearing them. i do like it though so i think i'll add it to the collection of things i like but am too tired and lazy to make an effort for.

storybrooke Thu 09-Jun-16 19:08:01

Also a lover of maxi dresses! Can throw one on, add a jacket/blazer and even pop a belt and top over for a new look. Anything that effortless goes in my wardrobe forever

RebelandaStunner Thu 09-Jun-16 19:53:18

I hope it's yay as I am wearing one right now. I've actually enjoyed swishing around in it all day. It's a plain black column affair. I have other colourful ones which I will be wearing over summer too. I was told to size down for a maxi dress for the best fit.

poppym12 Thu 09-Jun-16 23:27:24

thank you smile i might start wearing them just 'cos i can!!

AmberGreyson Fri 10-Jun-16 07:26:19

i love maxi dress 'cause no need to shave legs lol

NavyAndWhite Fri 10-Jun-16 08:19:55

I think holiday is the only place for them if I'm honest.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Fri 10-Jun-16 10:06:25

I love maxi dresses. Defo better than midi length which I personally think look really frumpy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now