Advanced search

Can I go somewhere for skincare advice?

(5 Posts)
Doodlekitty Wed 08-Jun-16 18:25:07


I have excema so always thought of my skin as dry. However, whenever I use moisturiser on my face I come out in spots. Is there a brand I can go to where they will tell me my skin type and what products to use? I have neglected my face for far too long

LC01 Wed 08-Jun-16 18:29:49

It depends on your budget, but if you go into a department store - John Lewis, Debenhams' or even the larger Boots, you could ask one of the ladies behind the counters - such as Clarins, or Liz Earle.

You can ask them to test what they recommend on your face. They usually give samples too.

kormachameleon Wed 08-Jun-16 18:35:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Doodlekitty Wed 08-Jun-16 19:44:41

I'm willing to spend what it takes for something my skin likes. So which brand would people suggest

dancinginpurplerain Wed 08-Jun-16 20:46:43

I have very sensitive and reactive skin (roseacea) and have recently gone down the 'throw money at it' route with great results. I've paid for a course of prescription facials at a local beauty salon including LED therapy which has made a huge difference. Also using a Skinceuticals serum, Environ moisturiser and Dermaviduals cleanser and toner and got into a proper skincare routine for the first time ever. The redness has reduced hugely and less spots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now