I have big hair!!

(11 Posts)
DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 08-Jun-16 16:25:45

Seriously, like a cross between Monica and Crystal Tipshmm

This weather is making my hair 4x its normal size , what are good products combat the frizz?

Nothing natural thank you, my hair needs serious siliconewink

TIAsmile

Tessticklesyourfancy Wed 08-Jun-16 22:00:09

I've got wavy hair which can go large when it's humid. I don't like my hair flat but it can take on a life of its own. grin I I use Superdrug salt spray to keep it in check.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 08-Jun-16 22:12:12

What's salt spray? Sounds interesting!

Tessticklesyourfancy Thu 09-Jun-16 07:29:42

It's a styling spray used on dry hair. My hair"s wavy and i often just leave it to air dry. I squirt the spay on to my hair, scrunch it in places, run my fingers through in other and it leaves me with casual none frizzy waves that don't grow throughout the day.
It depends on the look your after, it's more a beach wavy look so not good if you need sleek. It's ideal for me grin

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 09-Jun-16 07:32:25

Oh shame,i haven't enough waves to do that ,I just look shit grin I need to blow dry straight.

Saying that, maybe it's time for a change...

KittyKrap Thu 09-Jun-16 09:07:47

Coconut oil. It's a thick white paste, you melt a blob between your hands and put it on your hair/wacky bits! Much better than silicon for you hair and the treatment it gives. Silicon will end up coating your hair and making it dull, eventually. It's also a nightmare to get rid of a build-up (from a hairdresser).

I bought a big jar of coconut oil 18 months ago, everyone uses it, DCs, me and DH - he has long hair, and it's only about a third down.

For a deep conditioner try Olaplex, pretty expensive but you comb it through at night once a fortnight, keep away from your face and wash as per normal in the morning. Super silky hair.

I have big hair too so feel your pain.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 09-Jun-16 09:13:32

I have coconut oil, in fact I used to use it a lot as a deep conditioner- I'll dig it out!

MsBojangles Thu 09-Jun-16 11:59:22

Redken Frizz Dismiss range is doing wonders for my bush!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 09-Jun-16 12:28:49

Sadly Frizz Dismiss makes my head itch like crazy, shame as it's amazing stuff!

MsBojangles Thu 09-Jun-16 12:43:37

Wonder if it's because it's SLS free? Pureology did the same to me.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 09-Jun-16 12:50:33

My hairdresser said lots of people had complained about it. Such a shame, it's magic stuff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now