Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me some trainers

(10 Posts)
babybat Wed 08-Jun-16 14:39:55

I need some new trainers for everyday use - just running about, not doing sports in. For the last few years I've worn Converse all-stars, because they're streamlined, not too sporty-looking, and look ok with a variety of outfits, but I'm a bit bored of them. I got some Keds for Christmas, but the heel cups reduced my feet to bloodied stumps within five minutes! I don't really want to spend more than about £60 (less, ideally), and want something really comfortable as I'm spending hours on my feet pushing a nap-refusing baby around the park. So can I walk a mile in your shoes?

fadingfast Wed 08-Jun-16 15:08:18

Watching with interest as looking for the very same thing! I've seen Superga trainers recommended on here, but I've not had a chance to try any yet. Might be a bit too similar to Converse for you though smile

Nearlyadoctor Wed 08-Jun-16 15:11:30

Just ordered some Silver superga trainers after all the recommendations on here.

EatShitDerek Wed 08-Jun-16 15:13:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RusholmeRuffian Wed 08-Jun-16 15:27:02

adidas Gazelles or SL72s

StrawbRhi Wed 08-Jun-16 15:46:03

I have also gotten bored of my Converse after a good decade of devotion so bought a pair of navy calf hair Superga (in the sale). They weren't terribly comfy when I tried them on but forgot to return until too late. I figured I'd give them one outing then sell them on and they turn out to be more comfy than my Chucks!

I've worn them with dresses, skinny jeans with loose linen tops, and rolled up cigarette jeans with button down shirts and they seem to suit all occasions. I'm about to purchase another pair or two as I love them so much!

babybat Wed 08-Jun-16 16:58:06

I'd not heard of Superga, will check them out. Good call on the Adidas Gazelles, I'm now dithering between a grey pair of OG's and these rose-gold Gola Harriers, thanks to 25% off on the La Redoute website!

DrRanjsRightEyebrow Wed 08-Jun-16 17:00:11

Superga are amazing. I have the classic white canvas lace ups and i'm awaiting delivery of gold lame slip on ones (live vans slip on style) So much comfier than converse.

I just got some sketchers trainers from M&co cheap, but so comfy and look just like regular trainers.

Tate15 Wed 08-Jun-16 22:11:42

babybat

Thank you for the heads up about La reroute 25% off everything. I've just done a big shop and one of the things I've bought are these Reebok trainers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now