Talk

Advanced search

What do you wear in humid weather?

(2 Posts)
SuperFlyHigh Wed 08-Jun-16 13:32:35

Currently work in London have not much idea what to wear in humid weather eg with chance of rain.

So far I've seen women wearing a nice sleeveless denim shirt dress, several pleated chiffon skirts. I've got a nice whistles animal print mid calf length pleated skirt.

Help!

Djangor Wed 08-Jun-16 16:46:14

Depends what the workwear code is for where you work. Mine is smart casual so men in suits & smart leather shoes (no trainers) - they go tieless & no jacket in the office in hot weather but put on at least a tie for client meetings. Sometimes they wear chinos in the heat. Some of the offices I work in don't have air-con & I commute by train & the evening rush hour station wait is very hot & humid. I wear dresses or skirts & tops in cotton, linen or silk or mixes of those fabrics; avoid any jersey fabrics which cling anywhere and avoid anything body-con or tight fitting - like tube skirts. The train is usually freezing so I need a cardigan or jacket for that. Sandals are ok provided they are not flip flop style. Some women wear trousers with a loose smart top. I have a 30min walk from the station and wear a straw fedora hat so I don't arrive at work looking too frazzled. I also have a couple of raincoats (Rohan & Lands End) which fold up to practically nothing & are waterproof but cool to wear in a summer thunderstorm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now