I want my man to look like this....swoon....

(45 Posts)
SophieofShepherdsBush Tue 07-Jun-16 17:47:08

http://pin.it/074TWbB
Yes I know. Don't we all. Anywsy summer wedding in Italy coming up, where can I find these separates without breaking the bank/ on a budget? Pref order online. Also would this look work on a slim chap? Snd what shoes? Hope this link works.

squoosh Tue 07-Jun-16 17:55:35

Ooof. The man in the Del Monte duds is very nice indeed.

SophieofShepherdsBush Tue 07-Jun-16 18:08:23

I know squoosh. Wouldn't you like to make him say "yes"!.....anyhow, this is a serious search for duds for dh......what type/style of jacket is that? A blazer? Sports jacket? Single, double breasted or what?

Euphemia Tue 07-Jun-16 18:10:21

Off to ask DH if he's been moonlighting ...

grin
grin

SophieofShepherdsBush Tue 07-Jun-16 18:11:27

envy euphemism!

SophieofShepherdsBush Tue 07-Jun-16 18:12:06

Euphemia... stupid phone.

Flatbellyfella Tue 07-Jun-16 18:14:43

It looks like a cotton Blazer .

Queenbean Tue 07-Jun-16 18:15:59

I thought that he wouldn't be that fit but... Shit me. He is delicious!

Flatbellyfella Tue 07-Jun-16 18:16:00

Single breasted.

botemp Tue 07-Jun-16 18:18:52

Try Massimo Dutti, do very nice linen blazers (as pictured), suits/separates at reasonable prices, esp. considering the level of tailoring, that suit slimmer men, though not admittedly if they're very very tall.

For shoes, depends how casual/formal the affair is but I'd go for tan leather in either smart sandals, plain moccasins (without socks if you're truly going Italian), or the standard derbys or similar but again in tan leather. MD also do very nice men's shoes.

FabFiveFreddie Tue 07-Jun-16 18:20:32

It's a linen single breasted sports jacket, which will look nice for the first ten minutes of Italian heat. After that, it'll look like a crumpled BHS clearance rack remnant.

Dunno, find it all a bit beige actually. Can imagine a 70yo grandad in that. Colors aren't bold enough. Sorry!

I make no comment on the man himself. DH knows my username grin

SophieofShepherdsBush Tue 07-Jun-16 18:22:01

Thanks Flat and botemp . Yes Queen he really is isn't he?!

SophieofShepherdsBush Tue 07-Jun-16 18:23:22

Maybe im being completely distracted by the model Fab.....

WindPowerRanger Tue 07-Jun-16 18:23:50

Landsend and Boden do this stuff. Also Charles Tyrwhitt, I think. And definitely John Lewis.

blueskyinmarch Tue 07-Jun-16 18:26:05

My DH is a tall slim 50 something who rocks that look very well. Slim fitted shirt (Ted Baker do nice ones) and a nice linen jacket (recently bought one form Jaeger and one from Jigsaw). Wears it with tailored jeans or smart, slim fitting chinos. He has expensive tastes though.

notagiraffe Tue 07-Jun-16 18:26:12

Was just about to say Massimo Dutti - full of clothes like this, and don't be horrified - but take a look in a big M&S too. They have some lovely pale linen jackets and shirts for men this year.

SophieofShepherdsBush Tue 07-Jun-16 18:26:41

Thsnks Wind.
Hey Fab five, im totally open to suggestions here. I have no fashun sense and dh hasnt a clue either.

notagiraffe Tue 07-Jun-16 18:34:05

hereat M&S

or any of these at Massimo Dutti?

SophieofShepherdsBush Tue 07-Jun-16 18:34:37

Dh has a fine dark farmers tan so I thought he could carry off the beige! I'd have to fake tsn his ankles if he went sockless though.

SophieofShepherdsBush Tue 07-Jun-16 18:35:44

Thanks notagiraffe.

SophieofShepherdsBush Tue 07-Jun-16 18:42:00

And thanks blue sky.

FelixFelix Tue 07-Jun-16 18:43:08

My DP has just bought a gorgeous blue linen jacket similar to the one pictured from ASOS in the sale reduced to about 50 quid from 200 odd. Definitely worth a look.

SophieofShepherdsBush Tue 07-Jun-16 19:13:12

Ta Felix

goddessofsmallthings Tue 07-Jun-16 19:45:25

The linen jacket looks to be more fitted than most and has a breast pocket. The trousers look to be chinos. The handkerchief matching the light blue shirt is a very nice touch and I hope you'll be adding a hanky to your guy's outfit.

I can't see what's going on with the shirt sleeves but would suggest a double cuff and cufflinks would make this informal/casual look suitable for a summer weddding, more particularly where there is a religious/church ceremony.

Re shoes, I agree with botemp. Tan leather moccasins, or boat deck style loafers (not lace up), worn without socks will complete the stylish continental look. If your man is reluctant get his pasty ankles out choose lightweight/silk socks to match the chinos or the jacket.

Now that the summer sales are upon us it's a good time to buy, but I suggest you check out the various individual components on eBay to get some idea of what you'll be looking for.

If your guy looks half as good as the hunk in the photo I hope you'll post your own snaps in due course. smile

botemp Tue 07-Jun-16 20:31:25

I should add that if he is going with the sockless look that he should wear those shoes in beforehand or wear some anti-chafing product like Glide or Lanacane if you don't want to hear him whimpering about blisters by the end of the day grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now