Talk

Advanced search

talk to me about bb cream

(4 Posts)
Judgeaway Tue 07-Jun-16 10:40:14

So I usually use maybelline Matt mouse foundation.
But with summer been here and going on holiday I'm looking for something a bit lighter.
A lot of people I've spoke to have raved about bb cream, so is it any good? Does it give you coverage like foundation Thankyou

Nabootique Tue 07-Jun-16 12:31:00

They generally have quite sheer coverage, which is not necessarily a bad thing! How much coverage does your current foundation give and do you actually need that much coverage? Many people use a higher coverage than they need all over their face, when they could use a sheer coverage and just a little concealer on any blemishes or redness.

I quite like the Garnier BB cream when I'm a bit tanned, otherwise it's too dark but I am very fair. BB creams are basically fancy tinted moisturisers, as they have other skincare benefits. If you like a little more coverage and evening out of skin tone, a CC (colour correcting) cream might be better. Not sure of what your budget is but the Estee Lauder Revitalising one is brilliant. I bought it about two months ago and have used it every day I've worn make up, I think. Foundation is currently gathering dust.

Judgeaway Tue 07-Jun-16 16:42:27

Thankyou for replying
I am very very fair aswell and yes I need some coverage thanks to my 2 ds's.
I like the idea of the cc cream think I will go buy the estee one you recommended tomorrow smile

TwentyOneGuns Tue 07-Jun-16 18:41:15

I tried the Garner one recently and found it gives me the best finish of anything I've used in ages - sheer, natural looking and not at all heavy but covering the bits I want to cover, I love it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now