Talk

Advanced search

I have used a knockoff footner and it hasn't worked. How long do I leave it before I do the real footner?

(17 Posts)
DaughterDrowningInJunk Tue 07-Jun-16 07:42:14

I bought an exfoliating foot mask from amazon and used it 11-12 days ago. Absolutely nothing has happened. The day after I used it my feet felt the same as when I have used genuine footner - very dry - so I assumed it would work in the same way. Footner always takes a while to work for me, and I always think it isn't going to work and then suddenly the skin starts coming off. I have decided to buy the genuine Footner again but I don't know if I should do it immediately or wait to see what happens. My feet look worse than ever as I just have loads of extra dry skin but it hasn't come off.

Liiinooo Tue 07-Jun-16 09:50:03

This is of no help to you OP and I apologise for that, but this thread is an example of the power of Mumsnet - for good and evil

I had never heard of Footner, I had to look it up. Now I am bewildered - how did I get so old without ever having come across this miracle product? A few Amazon clicks later and a same day delivery is on its way to me.

On a more serious note, some of the Amazon reviews recommend soaking your feet in warm water to help things along. Have you tried that? The fact you see lots of dry skin means it has done something. Perhaps the timescale for your knockoff is slightly slower? Having read what people say about nothing happening for ages and then all lifting off at once I would be very wary of applying a second dose too soon.

HoneyDragon Tue 07-Jun-16 09:54:21

Mine (Amazon) didn't budge for ten days, so really soaked my feet each night in front of the Tv, then BOOM, 2 days later my feet fell off in a very satisfactory manner.

DaughterDrowningInJunk Tue 07-Jun-16 18:33:52

I am going to try the soaking tonight. I only ever have showers so my feet are probably not getting soaked enough. Thank you for the suggestion.

Diamonddealeroncemore Tue 07-Jun-16 19:58:19

I bought the stuff from Amazon, I left it on for 2 hours and soaked my feet every evening. The skin is coming off my feet in ribbons (started 5 days after treatment) my H said I look like a snake shedding its skin. I have to vacuum every day just to get rid of the dead skin which seems to be everywhere. Disgusting yet gratifying.

Liiinooo Wed 08-Jun-16 01:16:01

I just applied my (Amazon knock off product). I am getting impatient now, poking at my feet and willing something to happen. Jealous of those of you who are ahead of me.

ChessieFL Wed 08-Jun-16 05:50:53

Foot soaking is the way to go! Mine looked a bit dry, then I had a bath and when I got out virtually the whole sole of my foot peeled off!

Liiinooo Sat 11-Jun-16 22:15:27

I applied my knock off Wednesday. 3 days on the skin on my heels is looking dry and patchy with the occasional flake but the skin on my toes (which I didn't even think was dry) is peeling off in strips like a snake. I think the process might have been accelerated by me walking 6+ miles yesterday and today wearing very hot, sweaty Skechers!

SansaClegane Sat 11-Jun-16 22:31:26

Intrigued - can someone post a link to this?

Truckingalong Sat 11-Jun-16 23:01:25

Wear some very stinky sweaty footwear (trainers, wellies) then do something that gets your feet soggy and keep them on ALL day. What happens next is nothing short of a miracle!

Liiinooo Sat 11-Jun-16 23:03:44

Posting links never works for me, but it is called Purederm Exfoliating Foot Mask and cost £8.49 for a pack of three pairs on Amazon.

didireallysaythat Sat 11-Jun-16 23:08:58

I bought two amazon knockoffs. The first dud absolutely nothing. The second I put on after having spent an hour in the bath and it was as good as the real thing. Don't know if the first one was very poor or the bath helped, but the two of them cost less than half a full price footer so wirth repeating ?

Liiinooo Sun 12-Jun-16 11:25:47

Here are my revolting peeling toes (sweaty Skecher too).

SansaClegane Sun 19-Jun-16 23:38:37

So I've ordered the Amazon knock-offs but not tried yet. Can someone clarify - do I soak my feet before, during or after use? Don't want to waste my money by doing it wrong! grin

didireallysaythat Mon 20-Jun-16 20:09:26

I soaked before - I reasoned this made the skin softer and more likely to take up the foot pack. I have no real data to support this. If I had been a responsible Mnnetter I would have soaked one and not the other....

fridgepants Tue 21-Jun-16 16:06:49

What you want is the Tony Moly foot mask. You can get it on eBay for about £5. Vile and miraculous.

Janey50 Wed 22-Jun-16 17:48:58

HoneyDragon - YOUR FEET FELL OFF?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now