Talk

Advanced search

Unexpected bonus

(6 Posts)
Jellypudmum Sun 05-Jun-16 21:42:38

If you had an unexpected bonus of £1000 what would you buy?
I love shoes and handbags but feel like this is a rare occasion and don't know whether to be sensible or frivolous?

HappyGirlNow Sun 05-Jun-16 22:09:16

It's a bonus be frivolous!

LaurieFairyCake Sun 05-Jun-16 22:24:16

I'd buy a really good summer tote with long handles in an interesting summery colour like red or orange - something bright and daring

Decent perfume - one of the Chanel les exclusifs perfume

A couple of posh notebooks from Smythson to go with my new tote

Bye bye £1000 sadgrin

mysteryfairy Sun 05-Jun-16 22:45:19

DH got his bonus at the end of May which coincided nicely with the sale previews. I got some toga pulla boots (well behind the curve), an Alexander McQueen bracelet and an American vintage top and still had a (little) bit of change from £300. I'd probably have bought the same with £1000 to be honest - DH didn't give me a budget, but I didn't want anything else. I think the boots count as sensible as I've put them away til September. But maybe frivolous as I could have got some from Clarks!?

Bag wise I recently started using a leather backpack from whistles. I bought it because I have a few trips coming up and was really fed up on a recent family trip to New York with my handbag whilst DH and DCs seemed to have a much easier life with backpacks. I'm actually really impressed with the quality for the money and currently love it more than any of my more expensive bags so I'm questioning whether I would splurge so much on bags in the future. Sensible again I guess!

My bonus in March paid a term's school fees for DS2; now that really is sensible. On the bright side he is in Y13 so last term ever!

RonSwansonsBestFriend Sun 05-Jun-16 22:58:06

A black, Mulberry Bayswater and purse. Timeless, classic, lasts forever.

Orrrrrrr, a whole wardrobe from- Topshop, Whistles, Zara and All Saints. And change left for Jo Malone perfume and bath oils, candies from Diptique and a manicure/pedicure.

I've spent 2000 already just dreaming about what to get!

Enjoy spending it.

RaeSkywalker Sun 05-Jun-16 22:59:09

I'd have a weekend away somewhere rather than buying something. I need a rest!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now